Friday, February 3, 2017

Be The Match

First and foremost, HAPPY FRIDAY!

When you jump in the arena to fight like my son did, you become a fighter for life.
He quietly observes from the sidelines now. Always encouraging anyone in the fight, yet still too fresh, (from what I can see) to advocate, or visit too close.  It's all too new.

As a mom, I will fight against this disease until my last breath.  Along with fighting for my son.  When you become a part of this community you meet people from all over the world. In the fight, some winning, some not.  Some so far ahead in the journey they lift your soul up, while others are fighting to keep up and you look back with arms stretched so far back to pull them forward as you navigate yourself, like the blind leading the blind. 

I found this video this morning.  On Facebook.  On my support page.  Remember that one page that I love to hate and hate to love?  That one.  Sometimes when you read scary stories and feel like pooping, you wanna back away from reading.  And then you stumble across good stories and it keeps you going. Like 9 years post transplant.  Or 25.  Or 30.  You appreciate them all.  The bad ones still chase me out of the room. I'm a little too weak at this stage in the game. 

But this video is fantastic. Good for him and his new bride to take this shit by the balls and make some good fun music out of it.  Putting sugar in the lemonade, per say
You can also cast a vote.  That vote and its proceeds go to Be The Match.  The very organization that saved my sons life.  

I hope your cooler weekend brings you soft warm blankets, a good read or good show, and lots
of peace.  Be thankful for all you have. Some have none. 


Here's the thing, you go to Cause Film Festivals page ( I believe it's on their FB page.  And cast your vote-Take note, there's quite a few different films to vote on, I'm just biased to this beauty :)
I mean, my heart bends on the anti-bullying, homelessness, anti-smoking...but Be The Match and this video are my vote. 



                                                         Now go spread smiles and LOVE---


                                                                      Laters Skaters,

                                                                         Mama Lisa

No comments: