Tuesday, June 21, 2016

No Plans Are The Best Plans-

Bill and I walked into last week like a "let's not hold plans" type-of-a-way...Although I knew Fathers Day was peeking around the corner at us, I used my "casual" skills, and decided....let the kids handle it.  After all, I've always dwelled on things being perfect. Lately, I've determined a couple of things.  One, trying to control things and life can sometimes bite my ass.  The other, my stress level has been so high for months and months...causing my body and mind to slow down. I can't take on anymore.  I've decided to shut some things down.  Saying "no" and..."maybe next time"....a tad bit more.  At least right now. 
My goal last week was to get my dads gift on that UPS truck, and idle my way through the week showering Bill with the love he deserves as a dad that took me as 3.  Even if it meant a simple night in, with no plans.
Our favorite type of plans.

Saturday morning Bill and I woke to bright sunshine.  A day I knew would be filled with some sort of fun.  After tucking ourselves away early Friday night with a simple bbq dinner, and one glass of vino.  One. Woah.
My goal was to repaint a rocking chair I bought for 4 bucks at a yard sale one early morning before a soccer game.
Bill had been reminding me each time I "mentioned" painting it.  He'd want to strip it, sand it, re-arrange all the wood....blah blah blah.  And because he's so methodical  (love that part of him.....)
He took that whole thing apart.  Sanded it.  Put all new screws in.  And aligned it.  While he did that, I cleaned out the freezer...losing my painter mode mojo in the mix.  
Next weekend kids, next weekend.  We hope.  #stickwithoneglassgirl

We'd decide to take a ride down to Woody's to arrange Fathers Day breakfast for Gaylord (Sunday). Party of 15--
Shelly and John joining us mid-way at Mother's....and down to the new gig on the sand.  "Sea Legs"-
First time I've ever sipped wine on the board walk. 
They've got some ironing out to do.  The typical new restaurant bar story.  Confusion.  Lost orders.  Receipts flying in the air....hot little servers bumping into each other confused.  Lots of offers to "get you anything else"- Yet, that anything else, lost in the wind. Forgetting quickly what they just offered. LOL
The new gig in town.  Ladies, and Gents...you've been warned.

But first, let's take a second to praise John for riding with us.  You see, John doesn't drink le'alcohol like we do.  Therefore, our normal bike rides that consist of stopping at every bar on every corner doesn't work for this work-out smart healthy nut.  But.........BUT.....his good wisdom, and clean eating saved us all. 
No bars.  
Straight up windy ride back.
Sitting on our dock. 
Catching up quickly....
And off they went. 
John......thank you, you wise man.  Thank you. I love your stories of camping, and river rafting with your boy. 

And Shell, you always have my heart because you would stop at bars with me.  But we are smart fellers and we didn't stop at bars.  We sat on the dock instead and saved our livers. 
And wallets.  
Because...raise your hand if you'd rather sit on the dock of the bay, and sip yo' own wine.  "HANDS RAISED"


Before you know it, we'd be showered, changed and up the street for dinner...


And no I didn't dip into chocolate.  That right there friends is a direct result of sitting on the dock just a tad too long. 
Freak.  You guys. What the heck?

Fathers Day was a tad bit sweeter.  Gathering at Woody's up the street.  This picture is missing Vicki and Rick.  Vicki sitting next to me, Kris, Kali and Jen.  
Caught with a phone.  But I just love it. 

Gaylord's in the HOUSE!

L.O.V.E.


The weekend was filled with love.  Filled with gratitude, and hugs.  Filled with a dad being honored for the willingness to love us all.  To Gaylord whom is now 89.  Leaving the safety net of home to eat out with your kids.  

Over the weekend I had a few moments of "wow, catch this memory and hold it close"-

Time slips away. Before you know it, life hands you a desk.  Work place.  Paper work and massive phone calls.  It hands you traffic, and bills.
And heart break.
Like yesterday when Bill received a phone call while standing at my desk from his sister as she wept into the phone. The color of his face turning white.  Bandit her fur baby of almost 10 years (I think) was hit by a car.  Sending him to doggy heaven in a split second.  I could hear her weep. My heart melting, and pounding.
 
Gone.  Just like that.  Gone.
Weeping for her and with her. 
Watching tears well up in her brothers eyes, because getting that phone call yesterday morning is a well known fact that she of all people doesn't deserve this. Not Bandit. 

Showing us just how life rolls out.  
One phone call.
One slice of love. 
Taken. 
And so you look back in the memory rear view mirror...and you try so hard to soak up the goodness.  But you get that anxious oh my goodness shock of just how quick life can change. I will forever be convinced that there are no words to ease the pain of sorrow.  Ever.

Vicki, there are no words.  There are no ways to console you. Bandit loved you with every ounce of his cute soul.  You are a good mama.  They always talk about the animal rainbow bridge, along with "oh you'll see him again"-  I truly don't think there is anything we can do to mend this heartbreak. Not this time. 


I will cry with you.  For a very long time.  
I have a beautiful picture of you two....I'll wait to share another day...

PAW PRINTS ON YOUR HEART-

He came into your heart one day, so beautiful and smart.

A dear and sweet companion,

You loved him from the start.

And though you knew the time would come, 

When you would have to part,

He'll never be forgotten,

He left paw prints on your heart-


Bandit.  He was a lucky little lover. 
Toots and all. 

Love to you all, and wishing for a peaceful week.  Full moon bites.  

Vicki, my love and hugs to you today.  And tomorrow. And forever as long as you need em. 

Sorrow is a twisted deal.

Pour out as much love that you possibly can...even when the moon is beaming full of hard frustrating energy. Keep smiling. Through the tears.  And remember smile at a stranger.  For you never know what they're going through.  I do know this life is hard.  And full of sadness.  One smile kids. One.

This Mama Lisa

ps:  Kris is doing great- Having some issues with his knee's this morning determined to be caused by Tacrulimus levels. Decreasing two starting tonight... The pain was horrible-

1 comment:

Ms. Mindi said...

Dipped in chocolate...I'm dying! Haha! It's literally the first thing I noticed about the picture. I was like, wait...what...???