Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pretty Birdie.

So many days, and so many nights I left words unsaid.  To her. 

The little girl that made me the doting soccer mama.  The little girl that sucked her thumb with not a care in the world. Even when folks would make their silly comments about it, she just kept on.  
One of the things I've admired most about her, is she has always led her mind on it's own.  She's never been persuaded by others.  Her stubborn ways have kept her paving pavements.  
We just recently talked about not really needing to punish Kris or Kali because three words I would say to them, fixed it all.  "Shame on you"- 
She laughed saying how that would make her crumble inside.  Not that I never grabbed both of them by the arm and shook them.   They knew I was boss. 

She's such a kind soul.  She's navigated through this last year like a champ.  Heartbreak in a break up with the guy she loved so much. Still missing the family she became so close to. Watching her brother and family shrivel into a lump of tears.  Listening to me try to explain procedures or doctor visits to soon pausing because she knew I was trying not to cry.  
Hanging up with me falling into the arms of her sorority sisters because that's all she has out there. 

Taking care of responsibilities out at school. Living on her own. Keeping a 4.0 and learning to navigate through being on her own.  Groceries, cooking, cleaning, coping with roommates, health and studies. All of it.

So many days, and so many nights I lay my head down thinking, "man, I should of told her more"-

I'm proud of you Kali. You have moved the biggest mountain of all.  You stood tall at times when you felt you couldn't.  You made decisions you knew were in your best interest. 
You have made the best days for me.  

Even when you send me pictures from your formal with Maddie, and I think the apple juice was spiked. 
Keep moving mountains, and don't look back. 

This life is yours.  And from what I see, your offer to this life is unstoppable success.

Just stay away from apple juice at sorority pre-game parties......K?

It seems to make you put silly hats on, and have yittle tiny eyes-

Cheers!  

Happy Wednesday friends..

This Mama Lisa



No comments: