Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Simple, Yet Busy Days.

Each time I open up an old picture folder I am reminded how simple our days are now, in comparison to braids, bows, car seats, strollers, tired legs and melt downs.  Applying sunblock to the little cheeks, while hearing about how bad it burned her eyes. How she wanted to watch Matilda over and over and over again.  
The days of which were long, yet so short when I flip back through the chapters. 
How I used to look forward to her naps.  She'd suck her thumb no matter where we were, and no matter who was watching. She simply did.not.care. It kept her zen in zen mode, that's all there was to it.

I always wanted her to grow to be strong, and most important..independent-  That is a virtue that I hold dear to MY heart, therefore I've always hoped for that trait in her. A simple reminder that we all must take care of ourselves first.  With that trait, to never expect another human to be responsible for your health, happiness, and financials.  Period. A firm reminder from a dear friend of mine (Kyoko)-"One can have many things taken from them, but you can NEVER have your earned college degree taken"

Just last night we had a very long discussion about things that are lingering over her head. About life. About relationships.  About love.  About friends.  About goals, and where she wants to be.  Her number is 26.  I don't know what it means, or what it will prove, but the number 26 is so important to her.  She's a very hard working student.
As I was getting ready for work on Tuesday, I was having a hard morning due to a sleepless night.  If you know me, I will most always smile and give love to my kids, even when the tides are pushing me.

I always show and give love, unless you're an asshole, well then you deserve to be treated like an asshole.  Tuesday was no different. Only this time she looked at me and said-
"Mom, what's wrong"-

I looked at her and said..."I'm just tired Kali"-  She knows all too well.  She will have to push through this life.  Working  hard like her parents. It's life.
She will make a path that she is responsible for.  She's taking a summer class to help the process of school later.  She gets me.  She gets things.


Kali, I hope you dance, and most certainly hope you remember your roots.  I hope you give love, and receive it like it's suppose to be. I hope you can always remember the love you felt.  Not the material.
You are a gift.
You are a miracle.
You are our daughter.
You are a sister.

You are important.

Remember your roots.


Happy Wednesday!

Spread kindness, remember this world needs you, and your smiles-

Lisa Lynn



No comments: