Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Love, Cake, and Ink....

On Saturday we celebrated my little cousin London.  

Chapter Five.

 Listen you guys, she was just born

How could she be 5--



After arriving at some place called Jungle...something, tucked away in an industrial park, we'd walk into Arena One.  Where the bounce houses were of abundance, and the childhood energy could be felt, and heard. Family soon approaching us with hugs and kisses.  Love could be felt, which is the best part of gathering. Anywhere. Even Jungle places- But that cake up there?  Oh. Man.  I'm embarrassed to admit, I had to ask what the little animals are called. Like what's the new theme up in here these days.  I was seasoned in the Ninja Turtle phase, mixed in with the rear popularity of Dora The Explorer. 
 What I am NOT proud of, is my lack of photog skillz to get this chica to look my way.  And don't be fooled, she knew I was trying to snap.  Little booger. 
 And so I got this. (hey I think that doll is staring my way though...so..)
 Oh the innocence. 
 And this.
And this sweet one.  Ava darling....

The cuteness overload, was on point.  I mean, these little kids, sitting patiently. All well mannered. Celebrating this sweet sugar.  One thing she is, is adorable..London, your personality is unlike any other. Your witty tone is just what the world needs.  Don't ever look back you little star.  I hope you shine bright for many many many years to come.  I love you so so much.  We all do. So much.  
What an honor to celebrate FIVE years with you. And I can't wait to share the many pictures I failed to get of you one day.  You just wait.  

From cake, jungles, braids, and bows to- INK

This was Ink-N-Iron's last year in LB. 

I planned to go Friday to rock out to Pennywise.  However after arriving home from work on Friday I decided a night in was exactly what my mind, body and soul needed. My work days consist of answering many questions, many phones, along with the seasoned surprises that pop up in daily work living. 
It's all part of the chapters.  But some-day's....I'm like...nah. This girl needs to chill.
Bill and I just had the discussion about this last night how we love to 
get away. Especially alone. I truly believe it's because
we both row in the same business boat. 
Don't get me wrong, I put a premium on good times. 
Punk rock, or any live band for that matter, sign me up. 
Is it Chapter Forty Five pinching me in the butt? 
Maybe yes, and maybe no. 
Anyway...
 Both days, Saturday and Sunday Bill and I had lunch at Yard House.  Saturday we dined, and I dropped him off. Poor dude would get home at 1am, and back up to head over again.

 Sunday, we arrived back at YH- As we walk in, two seats left open at the full super full bar.  Um, two Cadillac Marg's with salt on the rocks, please-and thanks. 
 As we walked into the last Ink-n-Iron I felt this overwhelming feeling of peace.  As though the phase reached its peak.  The natural fruition in clothing of this sort is coming to a respectful close.  The cars will always rock my world.  The punk live music will always draw me to the stage.  I don't even care who's playing.  I am captivated.  I love the feel in my chest.  The sound of drums, and bass, and amplifying.."whatever"-  I love it.  thanks dad. 
 Imagine cruising side by side in this beauty with yo lova- I mean....really. 
Look at those custom headlights...



 S.E.X.Y.


It's been a good run with Fatal, and Ink-n-Iron. We've built some amazing memories there.  With friends, bands, drinks, people watching....bacon wrapped hot dogs.  ha.

I did say people watching....right?


 If any of you follow Bill on Instagram, he posted a picture on Saturday of a healthy gal by his truck.  I died laughing because this BIG FAT SAUSAGE sign was above.  Don't know why the sillies catch me at the worse times.  (ps-public clause: Bill has an employee that moderates the IG account for Fatal, in case you think it's him that is so on top of the "hot" section of this world-he's not-so you can sleep better family)
Oh the memories! We've climbed those stairs many many oh so many times heading to The Upper Deck Bar in search of good drinks, awesome views and good company.  To all of our friends, Kris' friends, our family, and memories we made there.  Cheers!  

Some of my other favorite shows were the Burlesque shows.  Full bodied beautiful women dancing so beautiful for the crowd.  That, I will miss.
 There is a definite Kulture Klash. But that's what made that place so rad.  The uniqueness.  The don't care, just wanna wear this to this place and listen to this music, and get tatted where ever, and when ever who cares type of thing. It's all good. And I will miss it.  Especially with those we partied there with. 
Sean, Jerry, Danny, Kris, and ALL his fun friends...Those were the days.


As the evening was coming to a close, and Bill and stood up above finishing our beer.  We just stood in silence.  This is it, I said.  Thanks for the memories you beautiful mother ship. 

 He said "hun we'll be back"---
Not sure I will.


"We don't remember days, we remember moments"

BIG FAT CHEERS INK-N-IRON, MOTHER SHIP QUEEN MARY AND TO ALL THE VENDORS WE'VE MET THROUGHOUT THE YEARS.  You were so good to us. And we will forever be very grateful.   Well, except for the shuttle lines with drunk folk, we will just forget that part, now won't we.


Happy Tuesday kids-

Keep your eye on the prize, and don't look back. 

xo

This Mama Lisa

No comments: