Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Vitamins for my soul.

Last night as Kali and I had dinner she shared some really sweet pictures with me.

As modest as she can be, it surprised me of her non-chalant attitude.

Never attending college myself, the vitamins it put through my soul could light up the room.

College-Bound Students- Boom.

I will shout to the moon.  Up there amoungst those names is our baby.  Our girl that worked diligently and very determined. Willing.  Hard.  Sacrificing.  All of it.

Kali.  Up there.

Los Al, is a rad school. She's gonna miss that place.  I will too.  Just look at those students admiring this accomplishment.  Their peers.  Their friends.

The encouragement this brings.

On a day that she picks up her cap and gown.  You guys, it's all happening super fast. 

So much to do.  So much at work, so much at home.  So much. 

During some of my hardest, most stressful days, just as I knew they'd be.  It lights me up.

One can never be too prepared for June. 



But when you have best friends, and an amazing boyfriend by your side, it just all seems to work out.

Best friends that are off to Texas, Sonoma State, and San Marcos.  Hold on tight little ones, hold on tight. 

Have any of you read Sandra Bullocks recent commencement speech?

"You know at Warren Easton, you are loved and appreciated and supported for what you have to offer," she told 200 cap-and-gown-clad grads. "I was trying to remember my graduation and, oddly, I couldn't remember anything. I remembered how good I looked and then I went back and looked at pictures and I really didn't look so good. I didn't remember anything, because I was so worried about the future."
Imparting further advice, Bullock shared, "I wished someone had said to me what I've been spending the last four years telling a little boy, who I love more than anything, who happens to be my son. So I thought, 'Maybe I will share that with you guys,' that what I tell a 4-year-old is what I wish someone had told me before I stepped out into the world.
"The first thing is stop worrying so much," she began. Secondly, she advised all those listening to "raise the bar higher." She added, "It is noisy out there and for some reason, people want to see you fail. That's not your problem, that is their problem. I only remember the moments where I tried beyond what I thought I could do and I do not remember the failures because I didn't. Nothing's a failure, it's just not supposed to work out that way because something better is supposed to come along."
Her final semi-serious bit? Bullock told the grads, "The third thing we work on [is] at home is in the morning. We turn on the music really really loud before we leave the house. And the rule is, you have to dance a little bit before you step out in the world, because it changes the way you walk."
Additional funny pieces of advice from the woman who knows better than google herself included eating "something green every day with every meal" and "do not pick your nose in public."
Concluding, Bullock told everyone to "go find your joy. It's what you're going to remember in the end. It's not the worry, it's not the what-ifs. It's the joy that stays with you. I want to thank you for the joy that Warren Easton brings me every day."



-----Nothings a failure.  It's all just suppose to work out that way-----

Now back to my life of work, and planning, and nurturing, and loving. 

Cheers to all of you. Especially you Mama's and Papa's that have walked through these days.

It's awesome, exciting and incredibly wild.

xoxo

Love and peace to you,

Proud Mama. 



No comments: