Wednesday, March 11, 2020

You Won't Know Until You Know.

A few months back we sat with new friends at dinner conversing about travel.  About slipping away from our nest.  And when I say nest, I mean, the net we have draped over us.  Bill and I have always dreamed of travel.  In recent years, two things have kept us from doing so.  Work.  And fear. 

Maybe not fear for him, but I am a creature of habit. I love my pillow(s), I love my bed. I love the smell of my sheets, and I love home.  I love my food.  Yea, I can be a weirdo.  Bill used to roll his eyes at me more than he does now, because he simply feels some of those same things.  It's just guys can't express across a table at a dude "yea, I love my pillow man"- LOL.

We sat with Rick and Kristen about our Bucket List.  How Florida was on the top.  Not too far of a flight, and yet far enough to feel the difference of our beautiful country.  He said, "my buddy has a beautiful boat in Miami"-  They'd never been either, so he'd make some calls.

Calls he made.  Talk about a hook up.
Side note: Rick works for the Lakers as a body guard.  He's also been Kobe's private Body Guard for 17 years.
Still protects the family. Especially the oldest daughter now. 

So I indulged in my first spray tan LOL. (I did actually feel pretty with it) I bought a couple cute bathing suit cover ups on Amazon, got those nails painted white, hair flat ironed (joke on me when we landed...hello humidity ha!) and I did watch my tan run down the shower drain the first night. 

Our flight took off at a Godly hour out of LAX, and the adventure began.  (Funny side story about me, I have had a dorky phone we called Spider Man because it fell and cracked all up, but I still carried it like a boss.  I bought it at Walmart years ago.  40 bucks. Still linked to our family account and has served me well for years and years.  Before we left he forbid me to carry that around Miami.  So I went to Target this time and got the same one for 60 bucks. HAHAHAHA!)  Looks like an iphone, works like an iphone and calls my babies just fine......texts' like a bandit, and took these photos.  Bill has more of course.   Don't worry kids, I'll be sharing these for months to come.  So sit back in yo chair and enjoy the ride view- Ha.










 Rode bikes down the path of South Beach....In my humble opinion, a mix of Venice Beach, and maybe Redondo Beach..? Old Hotels with a history on the store front, and old rooms that surely speak vintage partying history.  We stopped at a Kimpton Hotel for a cocktail.  It was beautiful! 

Iguana's run across the path as you ride.  Various languages spoken (heard lots of French, and Italian) and every human had different tastes of clothing.  My staring problem was on overload....

But I LOVED IT!  

Also this was our warmest day there.  Hence the reason for my hat.  Hair was doin its thang- Sweat was also dripping down my back.  Forgot our waters on the boat, so a quick trip into CVS for waters and Gatorade's and we were up and runnin...




That was pretty much it for South Beach.  They do have the cutest Lifeguard towers in all the land...



You know when you travel and you wish you would of got the shot you wanted, but you kept going?

Wish I would have got one of Bill and I on one of them.....So cute!

Lunch in Key Largo- A sweet home for Manatee's (Swoon...)



Key Largo is a quaint little town.  A town with two lanes running down the middle.  As you find a resort or bar to head to it's down a little rickety road, but most usually I'm sure worth the search. 
Why not, when you're just on an adventure. This place was cool, and I'm sure quite the party on the weekend.  Little bit Whiskey Tango-ish (any cops out there will know that code..lol) or I can also say...WT.  BUT, you know Bill and I...we love a good spot to put our feet in the sand with cocktail in hand.  

Life's short.  Just try it. 

BEWARE Crocodiles are present and dangerous.....HA! Got. it. 
Versace Mansion for Dinner (Rick and Kris Bucket List)
 Rick had this on his Bucket List.  Fancy Schmancy.  Great place to see.  Something for him to check off.  

This town doesn't wake up til' 11:00pm.  It was almost 10pm, and this one Cuban club/bar was as far as we could make it.  LOL!
Coolest Cuban Bar - Best Mojito I've EVER had!
Morning time in Miami.  A place to exhale. A place to see the way others live.  From Stewards, Captains, Skippers, to very wealthy people that make money seem endless. 

As for me and my soul I was just happy to have my new Target phone. hahaha!!!  

Downside, it won't upload Instagram to post.  Maybe that's a good thing.  


The minute we landed I received a text from Kris. He was in miserable pain again. Having a very rough week but really trying to let me have a break. His pain in his leg was at a 10.  I was booking Orthopedic appt's, Oncology messages and sending for anything and everything I could to help my poor bird.  
The next day they prescribed him a new med called Gabapentin. Something for nerve damage - Along with a couple other med changes, and we were exhaling again. (took one day and he was able to sleep again you guys!)
Took me a minute to relax and trust a new med change...
I pray often you guys.  A good time can be riddled in a text.  NO mother wants to hear her kid in pain.  I was up top, looking out with gratitude. And giving my thanks to the universe and God for allowing us this chance to exhale.  And look at what landed right next to me. I was alone up top.  
These birds are HUGE you guys.... 

I always chuckle when things like this happen.  

My love for birds. And my birdies. Kinda like "Everything is gonna be alright"-  

And then the drinks starting flowing....HAHAHA!!  

Ya like my Dirty Martini glass?  LOLLLZZ!  Let's get this partayy started! 



John (Owner of yacht) arrived just in time to rally us to change for some night life.  Cruising over in the boat to dinner..and dancing-  Met new friends...Paris on the left, and Natalya on right.  Sweet girls...


The plan for the next morning was to hop on John's plane to head over to Key West to catch the sunset. A Key West sunset is one of the Wonders Of The World.  A place where people gather right before the sun drops and the crowd literally cheered, hugged and smiled the biggest smiles I'd seen all week.  I, of course, had huge tears falling.  A lucky girl. 

The plane we took. 



Were we shitting our undies?  Why, yes kids, YES.  

Powered by Belvedere for me, and prayer for them.  I kept thinking, YOLO.  But still sent my sweet message to the kids. 



My adventure partner for all the rest of my days...
  
Scared as shiz.  

It's a 2019 Plane- As John kept telling me....Don't worry Leese!  The great part is John does not party at all.  Has never touched alcohol...(is he human jk) and actually I felt very good with him!


 My handsome. Nervous but a trooper. Kept making sure I was okay... #Belvederedrinkmakerformama



As we arrived at the little restaurant the crowd began to gather...


We had to try the Key Lime Pie!  We were there about an hour, caught the sunset- And headed back..




It's truly the simple moments like this for me.  Something I learned from two parents to appreciate the beauty of our Earth.  Sunsets.  The pleasure in another humans face witnessing it.  The hugs I watched. The couples kissing.  The smiles on strangers faces. To one another. 



It was a week I will never forget.  There were moments that weren't my favorite.  There are times you flux your personal schedule.  The arrangements you compromise for new friends.  Moments of uncomfortable, or impatient (hello Lisa Lynn)- There were moments of complete fear.  There were moments of eye to eye contact with Bill in complete gratitude.  

Moments of hard laughter that only he and I can get.  Moments of inside jokes or songs would play and we'd find eachothers eyes with a smile. 

There were moments I missed home.  Or moments I missed the kids.  Or moments I missed familiarity.   

We stepped out of our comfort zone (me, more than him)- He made breakfast every morning- THE BEST breakfast!!!  

Michael Jordan was parked butt to butt to ours.  So every afternoon we had him there. Fishing. Smiling.  Enjoying the little moments he had where he wasn't a basketball legend.  




We watched sunsets, and I watched sunrises through my window HA!  once.  bigger lol.

I thank our friends for the opportunity.  I thank Bill, the true love of my life for pushing me through my comfort zones.  

Miami.  Bucket List Checked. 

To all my homies and my parents for receiving my messages with laughter. Or as my mom replied before I left on that little plane.  "That looks scary"!  I know she meant to say "have fun I love you" Ha!

To my aunt Ronda who always just wants me to have a good time. 

There you have it. 

The start of many adventures.

Gotta keep my brave hat on, and my heart facing forward.

Because...

YOU WON'T KNOW UNTIL YOU KNOW....

Holding hands with this dude. 

My best friend.




Love,

Lisa 

No comments: