Thursday, March 12, 2020

For Over The Last Four Years.

Since the day we walked out of the hospital and Kris was Neutropenic (no immune system) I've walked the hallways, stores, walkways, our home, cars, malls -ew-, airports and airplanes in complete fear of germs.  Born a germaphobe I always laughed that this new life would fall right into place.

I literally NEVER ever touch my eyes, nose, mouth, lips or teeth unless I am home freshly scrubbed and or in the shower.  It has always grossed me out.  I see people at the store holding their cart, rubbing their eyes. I saw a baby at Costco the other day gumming the handle on the cart.  Of course I muttered to Bill...omg that is so gross loud enough for this mom on her phone to hear.  GROSS!

I carry these Purell hand wipies around in every purse.  I hand them to anyone dining with us.  

I put remote controls at hotels in large ziplock bags.  I lay towels down on the carpets on those same hotels.  

I'm an over-the-do-it-hand washer.  Kali is the same.  

I've nagged Kris' ear off. 

I do not get sick. 

Now we're all in the panic mode.  You wanna know why?

BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T USE GOOD HYGIENE AND THEY DON'T WASH THEIR FUCKING HANDS.  AND THEY GO OUT IN PUBLIC AND TRACK IT ALL OVER. 

And I don't wanna hear the song and dance about building immunity.  Shut it. 

It's about common NORMAL hygiene.  Think about the ones with compromised immune systems. 

Think about the humans in the fight for their lives.  

Yesterday at the gym after a class let out it was like back in middle school after PE ended and everyone rushes in to change.  Only this time people were rushing the sinks.  
HOW ABOUT YOU WASH YOUR HANDS LIKE THAT EVERY TIME YOU LEAVE THE GYM YOU FILTHY ANIMALS!

I know a few people that are always sick.  Always "oh man, ya gotta another cold"-  
Unless you have young kids in your home that are innocent walking germs, YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER!  Oh, they casually leave the gym, don't wash their filthy hands, trek through grocery stores, trek back home, put stuff away, lick their fingers, wipe their eyes,  make lunch, plop down...then boom...ANOTHER SICKNESS!  Spread to the community over and over again.  Gross.

Plain and simple.  Gross.  GROW UP--- 

Now toilet paper is gone.  Wipies are gone. Hysteria at the highest.  Anxiety levels busting through the roof- 

I live with this fear every single day- I have for well over 4 years!  Wondering if he's washing.  Wondering if his friends that come over are washers.  Wondering who has what and when..  

That one phone call in the morning that he has a fever.  It's scary!

Now........NOW the world decides to wash their hands! BEAUTIFUL! 

Wouldn't it be great if lessons are taught from this bullshit virus?

I'm venting and typing fast right now because I am mad.  I am mad that we are such a filthy society. 

Kali is just as a freak as her mama.  Bill and Grant deal with us.  

This is life. 

This is scary. 

But you know what?  We will get past this.  We'll pull through just like the Swine flu, Zika virus, and all the other scary flu's that attack.

For you friends out there in the fight....I hope you have a mask to protect.   I hope hand washing becomes common for the ones that don't.  
I hope you can stay in and have healthy food.  Drink lots of water. And relax. 

Don't EVEN get me started on the finger lickers out in public.  

KEEP.  YOUR.  HANDS. AWAY.  FROM. ANYTHING. ABOVE. YOUR. SHOULDERS!!!!!!

Don't lick your goshdamn fingers! Don't pick your teeth!  


WASH YOUR HANDS!

Vent over.  

Please remember the ones who fight to stay alive the next time you cough with your hand covering.  Put that muzzle into the crook of your arm.  Or your own shirt. 

Please excuse me while I go take some deep breaths. 



Byeeee..

This Concerned And Pissed Off MAMA Lisa 






No comments: