Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Everywhere.


Everywhere we look.  Hurt. Assumptions. Anguish.

Wish there was a stairway to peace.  A stairway I could recommend you take to find the peace we all search for.  Truth is, I don't think it's here on Earth.  Sure we can escape to some tropical paradise, or desert oasis if that's your jam, but sooner or later we have to pack it up and head back into reality.  And the reality that all of us suffer through, (sooner or later) can be health, good or bad.  It can be financial strain.  It can be heartbreak. It can be loss.  It can be crippling depression.  

This life.

It's so hard, but can be so good.

The moments of cheering glasses sitting on a dock laughing across your bestfriends.

It can be the sound of hearing your newborn cry for the first breath. 

It can be slow dancing and long kisses with a new blossoming love.

It can be watching your kid graduate (well, minus the long ceremony-sorry gag me).

It can be hugging your child as they've accomplished a great game.

The turn of events can be sideways real quick.

I am sorry to those hurting.

I wish I could wipe away the tears and take the pain away.

I can't.

I hurt too.

I see families destroyed over monetary.

I see appointments that give me the fucking jitters even though they're 30 days away.

I see anxious kids as they navigate in this new world.

I see homeless that are outright, sick. Mentally destroyed by drugs.  Something I don't see changing anytime soon.

And like you, sometimes I want to pack up and move to the hills of Idaho.  I want to run from greed and hurt.  I want to heal my children with a wand.

I want to be happy just like all of you.  And yet, just like all of you.....I will sit under clouds waiting for the sun.

We can do this.

Even if today doesn't feel right.

Even if today you feel like the hill isn't going to flatten out.

Even if today you are numb

You will get through.

You may be a different person. But you will!

Maybe hormones or menopause will change you forever.  f word.

But you know what?  There will be good days.

Broken heart because love is broke?

It will heal.  Not all the way. But it will.

Just takes time.

Don't throw the towel in. 

DO. NOT. THROW. THE. TOWEL. IN.

*you can throw the fitted sheet in. but not the towel. lol



After all, you're in the dog days of summer. 

Soak up whatever you can.

And you see a neighbor, friend, Facebook, Instagram human portraying a perfect life?

HA---------HAAAAAAAAA.  

Don't fall in to that. 

They shit, and deal with shit too.  It's their life in filters.



Peace,

This Mama Lisa

No comments: