Tuesday, March 21, 2017

On Good-Bye's

A few years back...like 5 years to be exact, we met The Lusk Family.  At the time, it was a couple with his son. (I remember the night we met them at that Cabo resort, she rolled her eyes at me for nagging Bill as he stated he was gonna surf the next morning-she didn't know about his hip-LOL)

 His son would become their son.  They'd eventually marry, and she'd adopt Noah. 
{insert a heart emoji} {and tears if you know me}

With a storyline similar-in a way- to mine, there was something about Kerri I liked. 
She's a witty, strong woman. She's a tomboy with a fierce streak of fire for business and hustlin'.  
She's a good mama.  She's ambitious.  She's got a taste for wine like I do. 

We met, we mingled, and we partied. We met for dinner with discussions of kids.  Partners. Life. Work. Kicking ass in life.  Wine. LOL- Being married, not being married-
She laughed at my "happily attached yet undeclared motto"
Few years later we'd begin our search for a bone marrow match for our son.  She reached her arms out to me.  We chatted.  I cried. She assured me that the process would work. He'd eventually find a donor.  I really was so skeptical.  And yet, she'd always reassure me. 

We always stayed in touch via text message. 

Noah, their son skateboards. And because of her, his passion still continues to kick ass.
She sat in hours and hours worth of traffic, not to mention pool side as he learned the hard way.
Through trial and error. 
She was there. 
His new mom.


For that alone, I admire her.  
Deeply.


She transports stem cells for Be The Match.  She's the "runner".  They fly all over to grab, jump on planes, and head back to the place fighting to save a life.  With that little ice chest.  

She's that girl.  

They're moving to Oklahoma.  

She reached out to me last month to get together for dinner.  Before they leave.

That week I became so nervous. 

I don't do well with good-byes.  

My parents moved away when I was 17.  I can remember it like it was yesterday.  The day we said good-bye.  I cry thinking of that day.

It's one of the reasons I am so strong. 

But it's another reason I don't do well with goodbyes. 

Kerri, I hope you come across this post.  I'll stay in touch with you with texts'.  I will creep on your pictures of Noah.  Your married life. Your new life in Oklahoma.  Your hardworking lover.  Your hardworking self. 

I will follow you. 

I am a coward.  I can't say goodbye.

You don't want to see that. 

My best to you always sister.  

You are the reason your family will prosper, grow and succeed. 


Little Noah 5 years ago....Cabo San Lucas--

Lots of love,

Lisa, your friend for life.  Only now, it'll be from a distance. 

Go raise your beautiful little family....

And remember how important you are in the marrow community.

Love you all. 

For life. 

YEEEEEHAWWWWWW------!!!!!!

No comments: