Monday, October 26, 2015

When My Birdies Are Happy...



Friday evening Kris sent us that text as he does...you know how it goes...

"Hey mama, watcha think about me goin out on Justin's new boat for a break in ride"


....................................................c.r.i.c.k.e.t.s.



Until I thought about it more.  Salty air, a boat, a good friend, a warm cabin, and a kick ass beautiful Friday evening.

Ya.  Go.

And so he did. 

After Bill and I sat down for dinner that night we both pondered on it.  And both agreed, heck...let him enjoy this time while he feels good. 

Saturday morning we received the same text.  And soon pictures....

 It's so hard to not nag.  You know like I wanted to ask if he had "press n seal" under that shirt on his port area just in case it got splashed.  And to NOT eat any fish.  I have my theories of our waters, and Fukushimi. 
He already knows....so why nag. 

Just sit back and feel that smile with that dimple underneath his protectant. 

He calls this his "Dad hat"-  

Sunday he took Jen out there too, and his response this morning after Good Morning, how'd you sleep....

"Good morning, slept really good mom, I was so tired". 

I bet. 

Meanwhile just south of us down on the beach with her squad.  Miss. Kali was all up in her Sorority gig doing some shoots on the beach. Supporting October's Domestic Abuse Awareness. 


In the views of this weekend for my birdies, I'd say it looked pretty darn good. 

And Mama?  Well, I did more laundry, and side jobs around the house like cleaned out my 80 junk drawers and craft bins because, hello, I am a hoarder.  Someone needs to remind me that I do not need all these ribbons anymore.  And all these little labels, and stickers.  

Right?

Pray for Kris' good counts today.  Labs taken at 1pm, we are crossing fingers, toes, arms, and eyes that Dr. Chen doesn't ringaling-ling.   My fantasy is packing up our little family of 5 plus one doggo and heading out for the weekend before Round 3. 

Sound divine?  Sure shit it does....

As the sayin' goes, only this time flipped around....

"When mama's birdies are happy, this mama's happy"
 

 GOOD POSITIVE VIBES FOR OUR MATCH CALL!

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tmrw...

 

Love, 

This Warrior Mama Lisa

No comments: