Tuesday, October 20, 2015

And The Silence Brings.


I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to update here on Le Blog'


Kris was admitted on Sunday morning for a raised temp.  A temp that started at 100.2, rising to 
103.00 by early afternoon.  Admitting into yet another angle of that hospital in a room that he felt best in.
He was so sick. Asking us to cover his face.  Shivering so much it was all we could do to make him feel the least bit better.  Nurses packed him with ice. Administering meds to get things rolling again.

Just what his doctor assumed would happen. Happened.  

No counts.  Not just low.  Just like zero'n out.  

Platelets were brought it.  Transfusions were brought it.  

Puke, and all other body fluids that make for a horrible night. 

It's real. 

It's a fight.  

And  he will win.

This morning after my sister delivered him a smoothie, to which he drank half of "AWESOME" news I tell ya-
Two bites of a sandwich that is miraculous. 

Yesterday as I sat at the end of his bed with my face mask on, he said.."you know Mom, it actually feels safer in here because I know they are monitoring me"-


  Getting through this crisis.  Together.  As a unit. 
 

Pray hard. Love harder.  

Keep human kindness in the front.

  Hang tight while I navigate through more days of blended...everything.

Even when I fail on taking care of everything and everyone else. 

Doing the best I can. 

This Mama Warrior Lisa

No comments: