Friday, February 11, 2011

2010-2011 UNDEFEATED Season...And just like that...it's a wrap!

We had our last game of the season yesterday. We won 4-0. Amazes me how fast it really is. The girls had so much fun training together, working together and learning fun things from eachother. It was my pleasure to represent them and help guide them through their first HS season. Thank you to all the families that opened their homes to Pasta Party craziness. Opening up great bottles of wine for us. Taking pictures. Having games for them to play. Loving each girl as they arrived to eat. Thank you to the parents that gave me the nice notes of appreciation and kind words that will stay with me forever. (Kali is on the left..second girl in.-Thank you Kyoko for capturing this amazing shot. Probably one of my fav's in all of my folders)

I put together this framed picture for Coach. I had all the girls sign it at the last pasta party- It was really sweet to see what each girl wrote.

Last pasta party. Hungry girls...great food Liz!


Chow time!



Simply BEAUTIFUL!




I headed over to Taco Surf to decorate the tables for our girls. We were to arrive just after the last game. I was done and headed over to the field to snap some pictures of the girls. Last warm up. Beautiful sunny skies. Ohh how I love the sunshine and warm winds. The perfect soccer watching weather...

After the game ended our girls ran together with JV girls for celebrations of awesomeness! Those girls ROCKED this season! Good job Lady Griffins!



And just like that....it's done.




At dinner the girls presented Coach Katie with her framed picture and notes. She loved it. The girls wrote the cutest notes to her. I also wrote each girl a note. A note reflecting on the season on just how happy I am. How proud and amazed of their sportsmanship and friendships they share. And Kali's red cleats... That's how I spot her. lol!




Yummy dinner time. Good food, Good brews for the parents. Lots of laughter and love in that room. And the bad news?- We are missing one special girl in the group here. Our good friend Sara B. got knocked down hard right at half-time and broke her arm soo bad, went to ER, into Surgery just this morning after being in hospital all night waiting. On morphine and still miserably painful. We've been so blessed with un-injured girls, healthy games. To end our season on this sad note. Friends of ours, and I wish them the best. Positive thoughts and fast healing to her. I can only imagine the grueling nights and days to come. Our team will be there to support her once she's home. We've already made notes.


And just like that, this season is a "Wrap"- I often tell Kali to enjoy these years...because just like that it's over. And when I say that...I mean the years in High School that we take for granted while in. Looking back, they were the best years of my life.
YOU ROCK LADY GRIFFINS! Now I'm off to pack for Valentines in Vegas! Stay tuned for silly pictures...









No comments: