Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy 60 Years to my Beautiful Mama!

We planned this trip a couple months ago, just time alone with my parents. For some, it might sound selfish...for others it might sound normal. Well for us, it was simply amazing. To sit and talk and laugh with our mom, to shop with her...to ask questions and observe who she is at 60, was very well worth every second, every dollar, every tear as we boarded the plane for home. I know it sounds silly to some that we don't visit as much. That time and miles separate the 4 of us. But it's just that. It's raising my children, working, and traveling around with Kali and soccer. I made a promise to myself that I will take the time for them more, that I will keep these miles short and closer together. Mom I thank you for all the sacrifices you've done for Tina and I. And believe me, you only understand more as the years pass and your children grow. Dad and you have a great source in eachother. And I thank you for keeping the strength together so we both have a place to call home. I felt right at home. I love you and Happy Happy Birthday Mom. You look amazing.
I took this shot as my sister calls me the "Paparazzi"...but it was funny to me. It reminded me of being a child, in the back seat, Dad driving, Tina and I giving eachother funny looks...( I was carsick on this ride...but wouldn't say anything..) and just the feeling of being a kid again. Almost 40 and loving it.




No comments: