Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Folders.


As I scrolled through my hundreds of folders last night in search of any and all Halloween folders, there were fewer than I expected.

It still took me back on a "years past" journey...
Something so neat about blogging...the pictures I've stored.
The memories I've gathered. 
For them.
For us.
For me. 

Last night while watching Kali put together her "Granny" costume I just reminisced in my mind of the many Halloween Eve's of getting the last bits of things together.
The Trunk Or Treats at school.
The parades.
The meltdowns trying to change costumes last minute.
I can remember one year a melt down in pleads to change from a Bumble Bee to a Lady Bug.
And there I was in line at Alin Paper amongst the many other frantic parents.

I can remember driving home in the dark to start my chili dogs with chips for dinner. 
Meeting my sister at my house with our little daughters.
Going through haunted houses, to walking the streets home trick-or-treating.

I miss those days.

I miss the days of painting their faces.

I miss the days of the dreaded church parking lot carnivals. 

A sentence I never thought I'd type, because those long days at work, then the long night filled with candy and an unhealthy dinner at the time was just no bueno.

But you look back and miss those days.

You miss it so bad.

So if you're in it now, soak it up. 

The days don't last forever.

The Halloween nights will be gone with your little's forever.

I hope I am granted my grammie wish some day, to do it all over again.








I hope today offered you some good smiles driving to and from where-ever you go. 

Nothing better than seeing a little dinosaur or princess out and about!

Trick -  Or  - Treat!


ps-  Going through my September/October of years passed...

So glad to peek back in my life...























My little firework boy....1993


Raccoon Eyes For Lyfe! LOLZ

Cheers!

Cheers to folders of years past!


To my kids, some day when I leave this Earth....You're welcome for these chapters on thee ol' blog-

What a journey it's been!

Lisa


No comments: