Wednesday, September 12, 2018

One Of My Bookends.

Shelley celebrated her 25th birthday last Saturday.  Not twenty five, but ya know, close enough. This girl has taught me a thing or two about life.  She was one that grabbed me by the neck one day after weeping and made me promise to put my mask on for oxygen before others.  Some days, I forget this tactic, and then a light goes off, and I think..."Lisa, you first".  And it's because of Shelley.
She's the one in the group that will waltz into Mothers Tavern with me and stand in a corner just to listen to live good ol' rock and roll.  Sometimes we can just catch eyes and laugh at our surroundings.

She's the one that will text me the morning of labs with prayers just before.  She is the positive reinforcement when I fall to the negative side.  

She's the one that showed up at the hospital during those first weeks when I pushed EVERY one back because I just couldn't deal. She made me step outside and sit next to roses in the rose garden.  The very roses I am in love with to this day. 

She accepted so many no's when I wanted to say yes but was just overwhelmed.  And then later as the days turned into weeks and months and healing became more of our subject versus the other side.  She was there.

Our daughters are best friends, and the rhythm of our friendship falls into place more times than not because of them.  #laborday #notourparty 

I think wholeheartedly that friendship and sisterhood in friendship is what keeps us going.  More times than not I catch myself leaning on them for support.  Whether it was about raising teen girls, to a young adults finding their way after college, or lab results that seem wonky. 
Sometimes its the lifestyle of working women who get to exhale when the time is right midweek for dinner.  

She brings life to this world.  She's a midwife. 
Stories of bringing life into the world always captivate me.
Most especially on a full moon night. 

She arrived at 7am in Tahoe to stand at the first finish line for Kali at her first Triathlon with flowers and champagne.  Just hearing Shelley's voice will resonate with Kali for the rest of her days.
She's always there.




Sandy, Donna, Jane, Can't remember her name, Edie, Anna-Maria, Esther, Birthday girl, Susie, Roxanne, Maria and me!  Sunday September 9, 2018--


Shelley, I hope you celebrate many more years on this earth.  I hope you feel love from all those you gather around.  You've made every single lady standing here in this picture feel special.

I thank you for your friendship. Love. And most of all, laughter.

Love you Shell Bell....

I am so grateful you've initiated all this love from one to the other throughout these years..

Friendship.

Sisterhood.

Commonground.


click click woop woop..

Leese


No comments: