Monday, September 17, 2018

Nifty Love

I am revisiting the task of clearing more space now that Kris and Kali are back under the same roof.  6 years later.  And 17 years of a house filled with all the things a sentimental mom saved, it's starting to bust at the seams.  First off, Kris has a thing for shoes. You'd think it'd be me, but I am good with my basics.  And nothing more.  Both kids, including myself, have the natural tendency to keep hold of the little things we feel most attached to.  

As for me, I have saved ALL. THEIR. CHILDHOOD. THINGS. 

From bibs, to spoons, to rattles, to, you-name-it.  The one thing I've held close are their books.  From my journey through nursing, to the joy I felt while reading to Kris.  Those things made me proud to be a mama. Poor Kali missed out on the nightly, mid-day reading because I worked full-time, and that little girl was lucky if I remembered to lay out her clothes for the next day.  

Kris and Kali have so many children books.  Some I want to keep.  Others I feel should move on.

How cute is this book donation house....

From leaving one behind, or just the thoughtful kindness in giving to others of something that gave you much happiness. 

Books. 

Kris was always a big reader.  Still is.  Although now he's lucky enough to sit on his laptop. 

He's an intellectual listener and thinker.  He's deep in thoughts. 

He was the boy that would ask how deep the ocean is.  Or how cold the bottom of the lake may be. 

Kali, she's the compliant one.  The early bird.  The one on task. The one to do the right thing. For those around her, and for herself. 
She's punctual to the core.  


Wish me luck in building, or finding a way to donate "some" of our old books. 

We've got plenty!



I hope you all had a peaceful weekend.  I cooked (Eggplant Parmesan).  I visited a little birthday party for "Brody" whom turned 2.  He was a happy little clam just steering the wheels of Renee's boat. 

The simple things in this life. 

Books.

Anchor dropped, sitting behind the wheel with his little chubby toddler hands.

Naples Bay- September 15, 2018- Happy Birthday Brody!

(Kris always attracts little kids.  Maybe he gets it from his mama- This little boy "James" was filled with questions for Kris.  From sharks, to fish, to boats. Kris filled his ears with stories.  Making sure to polish him of love for the of ocean life.  Sharks are okay, just respect them- Showing him videos and recounting a couple neat experiences of his own- Those two little guys were surely in good hands on this beautiful Saturday afternoon)

Life.

Sunsets.

Salt water.

And friends. 


May you all have a healthy, love filled week.  

Be kind.  

Peace be with you....

This Mama Lisa

No comments: