Thursday, June 22, 2017

It's Teachers Like This.

Last Sunday night Bill and I tucked in early, as we've started this new routine that includes a good meal, a quiet chill vibe, home by ourselves, as we watch one of our favorite shows.  
60 Minutes.  A few of its topics made my heart skip a beat.  If there is one thing in this world that children need, is nurturing care. Coming from a peer that truly, and whole-fully cares. 

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.  




If you care to witness true humanity, while keeping politics and hate out of the picture, watch this. 

If you can't handle sadness, war, and the heartbreak that follows, don't watch.

To me, these are the humans that are forgotten.  By us.  Americans.  




I hope this week has been full of peace for you all.  I've been busy scheduling Kali's departure to Italy. Working in my fiberglass land and all that comes with that. 
We'd learn a good family friend was in a boating accident, but will survive. Just sad of the hardwork, and dreams that went into something. More than material, how his spirit feels. My uncle in the hospital with a stroke-like deal going on, and still trying to get the right answers. Hospital stays just outright suck.  They totally, 100% just do.  Uncle Alex, I'm sorry. 

My Kris who is thriving, and just started the process to get his Captain license.  That is a big deal in our home.  Something his dad really pushes and nags him about every time we see him.

To my Kali whom is navigating flights, layovers, the early stages of being away and knowing homesickness will set in, so she's trying to deal with it now.  Little side note worth mentioning- She'll be about an hour flight away from our donor in Germany.  If only money grew on trees.
Imagine our family flying there to meet him next year, to then head to the region of which Kali will call a second home for a bit. Awesome. 

Much love to you.  Remember these moments today, you'll never get them back. Even the hard shitty ones, just keep in mind, those make you better and stronger later. You just can't feel it now. 

Spread love and kindness.  Most especially smiles.  YOU can change the hate in this world. 

 



No comments: