Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Family Moments In Time.

As most of you probably know, we celebrated our littlest cousins wedding. 
10-7-2016
Havasu. 
Let me first start by saying... 
"Congrats Trevor & Jazmine Trabue"

We gathered at a place we call "our favorite place to be"
A place where we still grin ear-to-ear as we unload the truck.
It was a trip I'd been stalking on my calendar for weeks and weeks, months and months.
A chance to roll our little, but big family together. 

You guys....

To have time with aunts, uncles, cousins, and little cousins.
Dance floors, boat rides, beachy coves in the gorge on the lake, mixed with many many moments of laughter and smiles. So many smiles. 
Dogs chasing the kids, kids chasing dogs.  Switching up who rides in who's boat. 
Waving at one another as we'd pass.

Moments.

You can't buy this stuff.  You just work hard, and pray for the safety of making it all happen.

Never taking ANY moment for granted.
The days leading up to the wedding I felt like a kid crossing off the dates on my calendar. 



 So many pictures.  So many things to recap. So many paragraphs to this story.  

The days I will never ever forget.

 

I'm not thee most vain to post pictures of myself, but when I look at this picture I see happiness. (well, and doesn't my nose look small(er)------)I see a mom that has been a warrior and a worrier.  I see the magic of what pulling her birdies together in a nest looks like. Staring at this picture learning to love her.  To love her deep.  From every wrinkle. Every long night of never ending worry, and non-stop research.  The love in a mothers face when she sees her babes.  The first one to critique her own pictures.  Catching every flaw.  Hair, body, chin, and teeth.  All of it. What counts the most is who took this. Kris will stop me in my tracks to catch a shot.  Of mama.  That my friends....THAT is why I do what I do.  For all the rest of the days of my life. I will stalk you kids. jk





So many pictures of hugging, kisses, laughter, intimate stares between cousins and their spouses.  

But this one....I just can't stop lovin' on her. 

This little feller right here..is my winner.  My pick for oh-my-goodness-girl.....

Well, and this one...

 The little fur rock that has kept our family full of smiles too..

It seems entirely impossible that the weekend filled with so much goodness is now over.

I'm back at my desk.  Phones stuck to my ear.  Papers juggled in the air like a pizza maker from one side to the other.  Keyboard getting nailed by the hundreds of emails to return.  

Life.

Isn't it so?


Work hard, play harder.

And plan your wedding in Havasu.

I promise you won't be disappointed.  

Do it at the Nautical.  At 4:00pm.  In October. 

Gather those you love, and those that love you right back. 

Invite us.  I promise, we'll be there.  

Stay tuned for more pictures...

Like this...

Excuse me while I grab a tissue, those silly moments of weepies keep creepin' back...
Our life did NOT look like this last year. 


Thank you sweet Jesus. Thank you with all my blood.



And I'll toss in that ever so crazy phrase "Blessed"-


Happy Taco Tuesday!


Catcha on the flip side homies--

xo

Grateful, 
 Most always grateful for my rock,
I love you Bill.  

Will you marry me?  In Havasu?
LOL

This Mama Lisa



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweetest post ever!! Perfect wedding day, can't wait to see all the pics soon! Xoxoxo