Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Amidst The Fog

It clearly woke me up this morning when I turned on the morning news and the first two silly topics were the bullshit from the Kardashian clan, and the ever so popular political circus.  It's like you can't hide from it. 
I sincerely watch the news for weather, and at this point {any earthquakes}-  I told you I'm petrified of them, right?  I turn into a creature when one strikes.  What family? What home? What animals?  I seriously lose my grip.  

Anyway....I've become a tad bit obsessed. Weather my priority. For my outfit, and my hair.  kidding. kinda

I got ta' thinkin....

Hero's. 

When the world is staring into the news feed at humans that don't deserve our time of day I thought I'd share my thoughts on WHO deserves the recognition. 

You know, the thankless jobs.  


Like the people I see every morning on the way to work walking with the adult disabled folks.  Holding their hands, smiling at one another.  Helping them cross a major intersection.  It's that same tall girl, with her five ducklings following her.  All challenged in one way or another.  My heart melts, every.single.time.  They all follow her with every intention.  With true hearts.  Always smiling. Challenged from the early days I'm sure, and yet now in the ripe ages of what seems to me, 25-40. All handicapped.  Holding hands. Watching her. 
Can you imagine her daily tasks with them?  Feeding? Bathroom breaks? Quarrels? Questions? Antics?
I can't erase what I witnessed last week.  She was crossing this major street in the morning rush hour. (South and Woodruff) One trailing behind was trying her best, but not quite up to speed....she turned, while holding her hands out...and holding the hands of another...and smiled so big, and gave her a "common you can do it" praise....and just like that...eyes met, the cross was made. As we all sat there waiting I thought, wow.
Her job. To love them wholly.  Completely.  
Patience. 
Guiding them through their day.

I wasn't tearing up or anything. LOL

Hero. 

What about our service men and women that are stretched across the desert living in dirt huts to keep us safe. Eating things we'd never think of here...hello lisa, whom loves her good food on a Friday night.
Eye opener....

Hero.

What about the volunteers at animal shelters, giving all the love those animals deserve.  

To think we have the Kardashians boasting about their million dollar ring to the world, and yet maybe helping an animal sanctuary would seem more necessary?  I've yet to see any one of those crazy b's show any sort of humanitarian efforts. EVER. To anything. Or anyone. 
Much less an animal.

What about the volunteers at the park and recreation departments in our local parks.  Giving out love to the after-school kids.  To the kids that need that extra time, and ear.  Or partner in a game of basketball. 
Some encouragement.  OR maybe help with homework.

What about the many many coaches that give up their evenings to coach a team. 

Hero.

Politics, and reality stars.....

Non hero's. 


I hope you witness beauty in the incredible people out there you guys...

Look around...

Even in the midst of the foggy political circus, and senseless media coverage.


Humans devoted to kindness.  And love.
It's truly what matters.

Happy Hump Day.

Keep handing out those smiles!

Lisa


No comments: