Thursday, September 19, 2019

But YOU Can.

I talk with Kali a few nights a week on her drive home from work.  That treacherous 405, to PCH long stretch of cars moving at a snails pace. 

Moms-  The one to listen to her frustrations at work. Her goals not quite met. The good we had last week to fall on her face this week.
The text she'll send when a client falls through, or worse, ghosts her- 
In typical mom fashion, I offer the words of praise and encouragement- 

Afterall, the soon to be 50 chapters I've lived to see...I know that stressing over the petty, is more hurtful of ones soul than the actual career itself.  I praise, but I remind..."let that shiz go Kali"-
What doesn't kill you today will in fact, notch you up higher later.

So I decided to "save" her best text messages of success.  I deleted the defeat, and saved the successes.
A reminder that even with one step back at the beginning of the week, will most likely offer a success sooner or later. 

And just like that, she nailed two big goals today!

Because she can. 

And she will.

Over and over again.


Reminding myself along the way.....

Ya gotta keep on rollin'.....even when the bumps in the road are some times closer, and some times higher, you gotta keep on going. 

Tenacity is worth it.

Never take NO for an answer if your heart is looking for a YES. 

Just keep on going.

 I have the successful text messages saved for the cloudy days that will inevitably come.

Reminders.

Love. 

Motherhood.

Experience.

Life. 



She's gonna kill me....exit stageleftlisarightnow....LOL!  Just tryin' to show the trophy Kali!




The days of multiple casts, and little buns in her hair....


Go get em Kali! 

High Five?! HAHAHAH 

She won't high five me if her life depended on it-

This Mama Lisa

No comments: