Friday, August 31, 2018

And On The Fifth Day

What a week kids. 

Lots and lots of driving. 

Lots of working.

Lots of thinking.

Lots of red lights.

Lots of buying different medicines.

Lots of long receipts from CVS. All the lolz

Lots of tossin' and turnin.

Lots of big long hugs with Bill. 

Lots of cuss words under my breath.

Lots of holding my breath. 

Lots of long stares up to the ceiling.

Lots of losing my cool to knuckleheads.

Lots of Advil.

Lots of jugs of cold water. 

And then you have one night split in the week with the girls in your life that make life sweeter. 
Meaningful. 
They are my community that forces me to join.  Even when I want to head home, take a shower and crawl into bed before dark. It's them. 

Lisa, Jane, Shelley, Susie, Maria, Roxanne-- August 2018--

Woke this morning with gratitude for an able body.  Although I feel like I'm losing my mind at times, I must show gratefulness for a body that can move.  A body that can stand up every day. We made it through yet another week.  More deep breaths.  More achievements.  More failures. More answers.  More questions.  Smiling really hard on the outside.  Especially after talking with my dad last night.  The man that affirms me of my strength.  To keep strong and keep pushing through. 

 “If you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two impostors the same.” — Kipling 


And on the 5th day, it became Friday.  And on Friday we sit back and exhale.  

Happy Labor Day Weekends You Worker Bee's! 





This Mama Lisa

No comments: