Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Little Celebrations

It's my birthday month.  


I can be such an introvert.

I do not like to be sang to. Is it sung to, or sang to...?  Anyway...movin-on...lol-- The Happy Birthday song just makes me so so emotional.  And uncomfortable. Like super duper uncomfortable.  Singing at me in a restaurant? No bueno. I will disown you. lol

When I hear it sung/sang to my birdies. I cry.

And yet, when I watch a stranger soak it up across a restaurant, my heart explodes for them.

I don't like much of a fuss on my day, but I do tend to point out little things to get my way with...

Like..."well it's my birthday, I can pick where we eat..."  allll month long- 

Plopping down on the couch with my feet on my lovers lap "Will you rub my feet, cuz it's my birthday"  (all month long)

My favorite birthday was back in 1970something--  and it landed on Easter.  A bunny cake was made with coconut.  Jelly Beans for eyes. I will never ever forget that. My aunt Sharon was there.  Both my uncles and my aunt.  I remember staring at the beautiful cake. 

Another favorite birthday was getting a caboodle thing for accessories.  Nineteen Eighty somethin'.

Aside from that, I don't like a huss.  I like it simple. I love the love I get from my family.
A simple text.  A simple gesture.  The kids (Kali mostly) always finds sentimental things I adore.

Forty eight seemed such a big number as a little girl. 

The wisdom and chapters weaved together.  The strength that fills me now is something you can't prepare your 22 year old self.

It's the beauty in aging that our hearts learn a new path.  The wrinkles show years of good times out exploring, and livin'. 

Your tribe understands you.  

Springtime is my favorite season.  The blossoms of new life are everywhere.  

I hope you are doing well friends.  

As for me and my almost forty eight year old bod, I'm pushing on through.  Working hard for what makes me happy.  And letting go of the things that don't. 

I hope you can too.

Peace out!

This Mama Lisa

ps- Happy Birthday Rick!  


Our most favorite cove in all the land of Havasu....

Pure bliss.


Dreamin'.........

Counting down by the days, hours and minutes.

Work hard, PLAY HARDER!


No comments: