Thursday, December 21, 2017

On Christmas Cards

Another Christmas, and another year of receiving the cutest and most sincere Christmas cards.  ALSO...another year of not sending ours out.  

Next year I will send cards out.... Although I can't promise a picturesque one, I'll definitely send cards out.  Although I didn't receive a few this year from the expected families, I can't blame them for holding back.  They probably assume it's not worth their time or stamps to send to someone that doesn't return the favor by sending one back. 

I am guilty. 

What I can tell you is for those I do receive from, I literally can't put my stuff down from work quick enough to open those cards.  The happy feeling of lining my wall with families.  The happy feeling of reading where the kids are.  
Some of my friends have kids finishing college, starting intern jobs, and moving all over the nation.
While others are cherishing grand-babies. 
This year proved a bit more (as if I need a reminder) that life is so so precious.  Receiving a card from Renee this year, and her heartfelt message of "a change of things and just how precious life really is"- 
Staring at Jeff standing in between his kids at a wedding 3 months before he left this Earth.  Wearing a rainbow colored lei.  Smiling.  Enjoying life.  His family had their arms wrapped around his waist.  
Then the Christmas card goes out, and he's no longer there. 
The change.  

The card I received from my parents this year, they both forgot to sign the inside.  
Not because they meant to, but because my dad hasn't been feeling well, and life's burdens get in the way.  And so just to receive this beautiful card, addressed to us, from them, means more than a signature. 

I'll miss a Christmas card from my grandma this year.  As I've heard things are shifting quickly for her. Dementia or something along those lines are sprinkling her soul lately.  

I receive cards from my best friends that show a well deserved fun summer. 

I want to thank each and every one of you that send us a card.  Most especially those in far away places...
to think of us. 

It truly, 100% means so much to receive a card. 

I know what goes into getting through the list of things to do.  

And to think of us.  Of me?!

I thank you for the Grace you've given me.




Merry Christmas to you all...I hope the next few days offer you good people.  May you find the tape easily when wrapping, pens in abundance and you don't run out of name tags. 


Nothing is more beautiful than thoughtfulness. Pretty packaging, beautiful bows and expensive contents aren't the most treasured gifts this time of year.
Sometimes its the thoughts behind the words. 

Go hand out kindness--

And have fun...

This Mama Lisa

No comments: