Thursday, December 7, 2017

As The World Goes By.

Hey friends....

1.2.3. Check. Check. 1.2.3.

It's become increasingly clear that I am fighting through the holiday season just like some of you.  

Each and every holiday season in years past, I would struggle with the happy-go-lucky vibe. This year rearing its ugly head again.  Stress. Sickness. Fear. Anxiety. Politics. Fires.
I mean, I can go on and on...but you feel it too, right?

Ok, maybe not...but bear with me. 

Here I am. Back in the jungle of grief.  PTSD.
Whatever the fuck it is, it sucks. 

Here's the thing. I, along with millions of others, struggle through the same agony, year after year. 
I put on my best face, day after day, after day.  

When we arrived home from Havasu, Kris wasn't feeling well.  As a matter of fact, he started feeling "like shit" (as he states)- Which I don't blame him, he truly does.  He doesn't feel good most days.  That holiday weekend was no different.  Only by Sunday he felt terrible.  

A virus grabbed him. And grabbed him hard. 

Being the momcologist that I have become, I hover.  I email. I call. I do what every mother does.  She tries to make it better. These last 10 days have not been easy.  

My reminder to you all is hold on to compassion.

Remember the word compassion.

Remember the person you stand next to in the market. 

Getting gas.

Serving you a meal. 

Standing behind or in front of you with a frown.

Losing all patience as you stand in line.  
Let the bully asshole driver pass you.  (that's a tough one for me) 

You NEVER know what someone is fighting through.

Pain. Sickness. Depression. Finding out terrible news about a family member.

Job loss.

Financial messes. 

Most important, try to offer more kindness.  Open the door for a stranger.  Offer a compliment. 

Smile at that person passing you.  You NEVER know what they are going through.

I met a lady at the doctors office the other day with Kris. She knows him from doing labs there.
Her husband died last year of leukemia.  They met on a bad day.  For her. 
A day she had no idea what my son was there for.  Their first time meeting, he stood there with his dog...and she was short with him. Not realizing his dog is his peace.  He shared love. 
Kindness. 
Words. 
Compassion.
Finding out they share a small common subject.  He can recall how sad she was. 
 Their compassion for one another, never failing now.  She knows my son the second she sees him.
I stood next to him in line, staring at her.
She knows my grief and fear, and yet I know the jacked up path she wobbled down, and lost.

We shared compassion.  She shared a story that resonated so deep in my heart.  I get it. 
I get her.  

Reach out this season friends.

To people.  To humans that need love.

Compassion.

Holiday bullshit sales of 50% off things you don't need.  Think about that. 

Be grateful for your health if you're lucky enough to be healthy.  Be grateful for healthy family members, and children. Reach out to that person who's struggling.  Whether it be sad times, or the uphill battle of this life. 

Everyone needs compassion.

And love. 

It's just what will get us all through. 

My sister commented the other day just how lucky I am to have Bill.  To have someone who is walking this chapter with me. When he has a plate full, he's still willing to push the hair away from my face, and make me smile.  To remind me we'll get through.  

Life is fragile. 

I hope you remind yourself just like I do that we can and will get through these days.  As hard as they are.  We will.

Thanksgiving 2017 -Alone in the middle of the lake. 

(My nose, is woah...LOL #Ziggy)

Christmas, and all the other holidays just add that extra twinge of emotion.  

At least for me. 

Thank you Bill.
Thank you Tina.
Thank you sisters-in-love. 
Thank you neighbors.
Thank you best friends. 
Thank you family.

Thank you thank you thank.
For understanding my grief. 

It's been brutal lately.

That gosh darn full moon surely didn't help my case..that's for sure..

xo


 Tuesday December 5, 2017 
 I hope you all share moments of compassion somewhere, somehow, this Christmas season.

My love and peace to you...

Keep swimming....

And as this world goes by, show compassion.

--YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT SOMEONE IS GOING THROUGH--

This Mama Lisa

PS- To our firefighting friends and family out there.....WE THANK YOU!  THE WORLD IS LUCKY TO HAVE YOU!

No comments: