Friday, December 15, 2017

Nothing Better----- In The Words Of The Littlest

Tori and I made our path around LAX airport yesterday.  Jamming down there, to soon cruise by Air France's Terminal over and over. LOL.

She texted "JUST LANDED MOM"!  And within 45 minutes I'd spot her little face.  Tired. Makeup-less. Her massive REI backpack on her back, with two large rolling luggage's in her hands. Tori would slide the poster I made out the window as I honked, hoping to make that little homecoming just a tad bit sweeter.  

  
Within seconds I'd be standing by the curb grabbing her belongings as she stood there bawling- 
Overcome with emotions, as she said "mom, the minute I seen your car and you, I was so happy and overwhelmed"-  
So of course, you know, I cried too.   LOL- *shockerrrrr*

As we drove off, she'd start peeling her many layers off.  
The flight itself from Florence to Paris was something from a movie.  A story worth listening to someday if you're sitting with her, ask her to share....


Yesterday morning I did the normal mama thing...put new flannel sheets on her bed, with that extra aroma of Downy softener they love so much on their sheets.  I added a cute candle to her bedside, with a small little Xmas tree we've had for years.  Just for the extra homecoming touch.  
I had chicken with cilantro and lime sauce in the crock pot, so that extra touch of walking in the door to "home-cooked aroma" will always be the place for comfort.  The place for safety.  The place where your parents have served, loved and protected you.  

HOME. 


By 4 o'clock she was clearly cross-eyed.  She followed the sun from Florence, to California. Her eyes so blood shot, and body riddled from flights, running, heavy back pack carrying....

She was out.

Kris stopped by last night on his way home from work.  Just to say hello. From a cars distance. 
Loving to give love. To his little sister.  To his mom.


I laid my head down last night and my heart was fuller than it's felt in a very long time.

You guys....

This is what the holidays are all about. 

Family.

Love. 

Good food.

Flannel sheets.

And in our case....moments together this weekend.  

No running around. 

No flights to catch. 

No finals to turn in.

No thermometers to check for fevers.

No toilets to puke in.

No final check lists, and errands.

Forgetting to jump in with both feet, because the shopping isn't what matters.

It's just being together....

I hope you all have a beautiful weekend together. 

Pray for those battling through sickness.  Through rough times.  Through flights, and errands.

I can tell you, those hard moments pass.  YOU CAN and WILL get through....

I'm grateful I can be here to add that touch to home. Food. Aroma's. Flannel sheets and lots of love. 

Happy Friday kids!



Much love and happiest of weekends,

This Mama Lisa 

No comments: