Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Safety Net Of Love.

Well, how did your NYE celebrations go?  We managed to tear up the town, er, I mean,the river-side at Foxes in Parker. You've heard me say it plenty o' times...that place holds so many good memories. From there, we had a wonderful dinner with good friends Jim Bell and Rosa. Do you have friends that you can sit across from and fall in love with their stories over and over? That's them.  Over and over, we fall in love. Jim, you've stole my heart from day one. Give me all the old stories. Your wisdom, and kindness is always the puzzle piece our hearts need, at just the right time.  Rosa, your love for your family is evident, and that just rocks my boat. Love you two. 
These pictures sent to me by our friend Myra.  I crack up at how animated the top one looks. If only all my pictures had a filter like that.  Just look at how small my nose looks!  Pretty awesome if you ask me. Filter me up baby! We all know my fine lines, big nose and honey badger smile is who I am, but man...these things sure hide it all. Tis' true of half the pictures we see on the big ol' wide web right? All the glory, not so much the dirty laundry in the hallway, or the assh@le moment of freak-outs, or child that has embarrassed every ounce of your being.  Give me filters baby, give me filters.  jk   I do adore the bottom one.  Laughter is what will mend all of our souls. If we could just stare at the good moments...especially with little cousins like Blaze. That is one sweet dude.  His kind demeanor will move mountains for the rest of his days.  

Our night ended in Flying X, a small, new and super fun country bar in Havasu.  We shared our midnight kiss at midnight and if I wasn't such a fuddy-dud we would of kicked our heels a tad bit longer.  After being in the same darn clothes alllll day and alllll night... Standing in a bar filled to the brim with wasted people, that managed to talk so close to my face it was all I could do to not put my shirt over my lips. I was freaking out on people spitting on me. LOL- My name is Lisa and I am a germaphobe therefore close talkers freak me out.  I did mention I was sober right? Shocker, I know. Rub your eyes. Pretty proud of myself.  
I was the DD, and when my tipsy lover mentioned how good In-N-Out sounded, I had no hesitation to run to the truck headed right for that driveway.  At at 12:30am on NYE, with one car ahead of you, all glory to them.  Funny part was there was all girls working that shift.  Talk about gettin' shit done!  Burgers, fries and shakes lickety split. boom.  holla girl power! 
And if you wonder what we did on NY's day?  Well, not much.  But the day after that? I hit up Hobby Lobby, found nothing, (that I should just spend on) but I did manage to sit in the parking lot for a bit and feed all the birds.  Cheezits and Lisa in the parkin' lot making friends.  And lots of them.
Three different kinds....LOL - The guy in green shirt definitely scratched his head as he got in his truck. 
Weirdo girl over there. Hey listen Bill, I didn't spend a dime,  no bird poop on any car. AND I gave away all our snacks- LOL

Last week, and over the weekend I had so much time to reflect.  I also had many moments to miss my birdies.  Missing them the most, but most pondering on how their moments were rolling out. Spread out all over the Earth. Sharing a few pictures back and forth...here's the last week in a blog nut-shell.
Kali off in Koala land, it sounds and looks as though life is treatin' her well. 
Luggage retrieved on NYE, so all good in the world.  


Humidity certainly shows in the pictures. (Our hair + Humidity = Frizz city.)  I haven't received many pictures from her but lots of cute video's.  Landing in the airplane looked amazing, as well as her train ride back to Sydney.  Kangaroo's and lots of jungle in the background...What an amazing way to bring in the year. Travel the world little one. Never stop learning and experiencing new things. 
From their rental....Along with Grants dad "Craig" showing Kris some Current Crew LOVE! Nolan gettin' after it in this shot! 

My other little cuties made the long road trip to the top top part of Oregon. Stopping first at my parents...


 I can't type into sentences how good it feels to get these pictures while away.  As a mother birdie, I always do a shake down in my head of "are the kids safe" "are they good to go"....When I received this picture of them, sitting right next to my dad.  Sitting right next to my mom. Sitting in their safe, cozy living room.  Eating the delicious meals from my mom.  Heart swollen!



A slice of their coastal drive....somewhere up near Big Sur....

And then our weekend away came to a close. The night before we head home I always seem to toss and turn.  My head goes into a million different directions.  Bill and I laid wide awake at 2:00am. I prayed. He prayed.  As I said, it's a safety net of love when we get away. Although our family is spread out right now, I kinda put down my little warrior mode stick and just relax. Staring out the window after preparing so much for so long to just get away.  Christmas always a tad bit stressful.  Saying good bye to one heck of a year. Touching fear with a stick, wanting to push it in the fire, but it's ember comes back on and the flame slowly grows again.  You walk into a new year with a new set of hopes.  A new set of ideas.  You appreciate things a little more than the last week, and yet you continue to get pushed down with little bits of defeat.  So you pick up your stick again and you push it all down.  You pray.  You learn to lean on friends that keep your praying thoughts occupied.  You wipe tears from your lover, or more so from yourself.  I can't tell you how many times I am applying my lotion in the mirror in the early mornings hours and think oh my gawd, what the heck did life just hand me, and will it ever try to hand me that again, or something else.  And I cry.  And I wipe my tears and put more lotion on. I've been so strong for so long.  And sometimes I'll walk back to my bed, sitting gently alone. Crying and wiping, to soon pull myself together to get back out the door to fight my way through.  Because you know what you guys?  Someone out there always has it worse.  Someone out there is fighting harder.  Alone. Scared. Cold.  Hungry. Abused.  

I have my weapons. I have my family. I have beautiful kids.  That are wonderful souls. I have a lover that loves me deep.  He is my bestfriend. I have a relationship with God like no other.  Still showing me signs. Signs so cute sometimes I chuckle out loud.  Like today driving to work checking my phone because I hadn't heard from Kris, and the numbers 8:17am brightly shine on my phone.  It's my favorite number combo. His birthday.  He'd text me soon with a picture of the road in front.  God is good you guys...give him a chance! 

My wish for you all is peace. I hope that during the dark days where you want to go back to your bed to refocus because you're torn up inside, that it passes quickly. I hope that the broken hearts will mend. I hope that City Of Hope keeps kicking cancers ass and that their scientist move fast in knocking it down.  I pray that your birdies stay safe.  That you have a clear mind to focus on what matters to YOU.  Not everyone has the same focus. Some focus on health. Some material things.  Some money. Some new ventures. Some on lovers. Some on innovating. Or moving. Some politics.  Some finding a relationship with God.  Some on new friends.  

WhatEVER you do, do it for YOU.  This life is too too fast to give up. Count your friends as blessings.  Count the little things as BIG things.  Count the good food and lucky food.  Some don't have any. 
Some have a mind that is lost, or gone.  Some are kissing family members for the last time.  
Love yourself, and LOVE your birdies hard. 

Remember to build your family up, the rest will fall into place.

My wish to you is PEACE.  And lots of love. Even if it's from your fur babies...

My cousin sent me this picture.  I stared intently at it.  My oldest 2nd cousin "Crue" is a tween.  The next few years is going to change in their home. So many things change at this age. Mindi, you are an amazing mama. You have a wonderful family.  These pictures melt me.....

Happy New Year!
 
This day, last year, at this exact time we walked into City Of Hope...for what would be a month long of one heck of a fight.  Kris, you are my fighter.  Jen, I love your strength and willingness to stand by his side...
This morning as I read my devotional, I kept thinking why Jan 4th was so familiar. 

It wasn't until I filled out my calendar for the year. 


The best of my love, and special wishes for PEACE to you all.  

Go find it, it's out there...

This Mama Lisa

No comments: