Friday, January 6, 2017

Nothing Worth Having Comes Easy

I've become so good at calculating the hours/days of the week in Australia, as I await my daily text from Kali.  Yesterday I was blessed with two sweet phone calls. One around 2pm from Kali (which was 9am Friday morning), the other just 30 minutes later from Kris.  I can't wait to have them over for dinner with hopes to display their pictures on the big screen! 

Kali said she's having a blast.  Kris finally home, but not for long before he's back out on a boat today filming and shooting.  Doing what his heart desires.  Living.  
This time last year, we were knee deep in radiation. I was a ninja with nurses, blankets and most importantly pillows under my handsome birdies head trying to keep it up.  I hate going back to those dark days, but if it helps anyone in the fight, you will get through it. Keep pushing. Don't stop praying. And don't give up HOPE.
Don't ever feel bad about asking for extra blankies, and lots of extra pillows. 
Wednesday night as I spoke to Kris at their one last stop before home, I didn't want to mention the day 01/04 as significant.  It wasn't until a couple hours later I'd notice a post he wrote. They didn't forget-
 Today a year ago...01/06/2016
 That boy always managed to use his phone.  Always wanting to text Jen while she worked. On his worse days he'd ignore all calls and texts. 
Sometimes I wonder if I should yield the advice my 20 year old daughter recently told me  She mentioned to me to stop bringing this chapter up.  I most likely won't ever forget the day she told me this either.  So non-chalantly "you know mom, maybe it will help you and him if you stop talking about it so much"- (said with no harm from her soul, just innocent chatter)
In her purest of pure hearts, that little girl will never know the shattered pieces my heart is broken down to. 
She won't know this until she's a mama one day.  God willing, I'm hoping she's allowed the chance to feel a baby wiggle in her tummy for the first time.  The moment of birth when you stare into their little eyes with a magic you can't describe unless given the chance.  The many milestones of firsts. The first days of learning to walk, falling into your arms with a huge smile of achievement.  The hugs and love notes.  The trials and mountains you climb together. Most especially for Kris and I.  I feel like I grew up with him. He's been my pride and sidekick.  One that I have protected since the day I first felt him.  I am having a hard time shedding this chapter.  As a matter of fact, I'll never be the same.  Sad truth. 

After reading his post it was so clear to me.  

He remembered.  They remembered. Without mom picking at the scab.  They got it. They get it. 
So did I.
Reading his comment, as well as the many other good friends and family he has. Loving him while he's living this new life handed to him. 

I love you Kris.  Keep pushing.  It's obvious of the support you have.

I'll always be your number one fan.  And supporter.  A mama warrior for life. 

Hey Kali, we cool?  Ok, good. LOL

Cheers Mate'


Here's Kali's last couple of days...


 Kiama, South New Wales January 4th 2017



Happy Friday Everyone....

Work hard, play harder....

Let the rain drench your souls this weekend...

Cry down on us  Mother Earth.

It's my handsome lovers birthday weekend! 
xo

Love, 

This Mama Lisa
--------------------------------------------------------
I read this early this morning...and for my Faith followers, read this verse.  Read it twice.  If you don't comprehend it, read it again, and again.

My love to you-

Romans‬ ‭5:1-5‬ ‭
“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.”
Amen.  

No comments: