Monday, January 9, 2017

Growing Together.

Happy Birthday to this super fine feller.... A few things about him-


 
He has the cutest ears on the planet. 
He is a loyal guy. 
He works slow, but smart. 
He tailgates. And not the fun kind in a big parking lot.
He takes such good care of everything he owns. 
You will always be guaranteed a good margarita once requested. 


He's compassionate about work.  And I say that lightly. 
He holds traditions dear to his heart, most especially the ones we've built as a family together.
He is patient. 
He is learning to appreciate my prayers and listens wholeheartedly when I share.

Fitness means the world to him.  He's always had the desire to be in good shape. Cracking me up last Saturday night after we had my favorite (taquitos at Taco Surf) he puffed his belly out and rubbed it, as he said "hows this...you want me to get a belly like this"-  I LAUGHED SO HARD. I can't imagine him with a big belly, but he did give me a good laugh!

He's the safest boater.  
He's my best friend. 
He's my shoulder and tear wiper during my hardest days.
He's also the thick ear when I lose my shit. 
He trusts my gut, and when I stand up to speak out, he'll most always follow me. 
When I'm wrong, he'll certainly tell me. 
He LOVES popcorn.
His favorite choice of cocktail would be "Crown and Coke"
He still makes me coffee in bed on the weekends. 
His arms are my favorite. 
I still catch myself staring at him while he sits across the room. 
Or when he sleeps. 
He relies on me for strength at times, as I do him.
This year has been especially rough missing his mom.  
He said its so sad she's not here to wish one another a beautiful day. 
She drove herself to the hospital the day he was born. 
She was a beautiful mom. 
Brave, and tough.
This was one of the last pictures I have of them together in Mexico. A place that held some of their best memories. 
There are many things I've learned this last year.  A few of them are to slow down and embrace the love of one another, because it's not the fancy or the elaborate.  It's good people, around good food.  It's laughing so hard your face hurts.  It's the moments we are alive, healthy and able.  
It's meeting new friends and letting go of those that really never intended to be there for long. 

It's venturing into new places, and trying new things. 

It's spending the most simplest dates together, clicking glasses, or I mean cups together while celebrating another year.  Double nickels this time around.  But don't tell him I told ya because he has such a hard time with age.  If you ask me, the guy doesn't age. 

We had quite the fun weekend celebrating him.  Together.  On a tailgate. Bag of peanuts. Warm clothes and a couple of brews. 
Supercross 2017-

It's always better when we're together!  Happy Birthday baby....thank you for taking this long walk with me.  Thank you for growing old next to me.  


Cheers!  

You give me a purpose.  And reason to do my hair. And smile. And wear red lipstick.  ellll oooo ellll

I hope you never lack those sweet kisses.  

I also hope to cross off our bucket list items along the way....

Happy Birthday lover. 

Leese  aka mama
Shirley, Happy Birthday- You were such an amazing mother, and grandmother.  
You are missed more than ever. 



Riley Apple Picking Farm 2005-






No comments: