Sunday, April 3, 2011

Evelyn joined the 40's club! Happy Birthday Beautiful....

We joined our family last night for a wonderful night at Cheesecake Factory....so nice to enjoy fine food and good company....Evelyn joined us in the 40's club. She celebrated her actual day in Paris, and traveled through Europe...but we finally all got together last night.....Good times...We actually shared our favorite memories of her as we went around the table...some were fun, some were sentimental...and others were silly...Mine? Evelyn and I used to sit out in her mom's Blue Volkswagon beetle back in the late 70's in our grandma's driveway and pretend we were driving, meanwhile pretend smoking with stick pretzels. Yep you read that right...little hippies smokies pretzels....sighhhh...At one point it was my idea to let the emergency brake down..the car started easing down the driveway..we couldn't stop it...and eventually had to go in for help....I don't remember getting into trouble...so I guess our parents handled it with ease. Oh the memories! lol! While uploading pictures I found this one in my 2009 folder. Cousins. Oh how I love my cousins. All amazing mom's...amazing sisters...wives and friends....
My Aunt Lynda and her friend Veronica....They work together for American Airlines...Veronica parted early for her check in time at 11pm. She works the international side..her all night flight into The Dominican Republic....she sipped on Shirley Temples....
Me and my little sweet pea. After enjoying a complete lazy day of doing nothing but a little shopping...we were glad to celebrate with family....
My cousin Monica......
My sister and niece Tori Lynn.....
The birthday girl surrounded by LOVE....
And then it started to rain on the patio....I don't know what I was worried about more my Martini or hair....lol!
Happy 40th !
The girls......
My uncle is always surrounded by all the girls. He has 6 sisters....the only brother...aww poor thing....

Sunday afternoon is creeping up....another birthday lunch for Bill's side of the family...back in the same area of Brea today. I have started my preparations for the week already...finishing up laundry..making a big platter of enchiladas...and big pot of rice...oh Monday why do you come so fast? Trying to remind myself of all to be thankful for......eeek. lol


No comments: