Friday, April 8, 2011

Blue skies and fluffy white passing clouds..while we wait for the sun....

Its funny how fast spring does creep up....and how many little bits of dust you find while moving things around...as I say "reorganizing"- My mom was famous for moving the living room decor around a little, or moving a table from here to there. Anything to make a small space look different...We have no soccer games tomorrow...and so I will continue on my quest to rid "things"- Out with the old...and yes, I'm sure in with the new....I donate my clothes to various shelters...and shoes?...well...that's another story. I truly think I'm a shoe hoarder. WHY can't I part with the same ol' sandals from 5 years ago. Seriously..... Ok...so the reason for this post? While I sat in the Ortho waiting for Kali yesterday I found this amazing magazine...(I subscribed the minute I got home) It's called FRESH HOME. I loved every single page. Well...in the first few pages..it was full of cute information and tips for the home. Big or small....simple or extravagant...awesome tips! Below are a couple I read and loved....And so I shall share...
When you have a linen set : Put the entire set: flat and fitted and pillow case inside the other pillow case, put a softener sheet in the bag..and tie the end with a ribbon. That way when you take everything out...it doesn't have that ol' hallway linen closet smell. NOW..this is only if you are clever enough to have extra that all match around. haha. I love my linens as I buy them and have a thing for them...so when mine are washing I wait...for the warmth, the smell...I wait. And BAD girl, I toss the fitted when done (usually about 3-4 months) and keep the flatted for picnics....But that's just me...


Tip #2- To clean a lampshade, use a lint roller to pull all the dust off.... so so clever.


Anyhow, these cute little tips and many other nice things I found in this magazine have me sold.


Stay tuned for more. I will share as I learn- I do know my cleaning lady at home uses vinegar on everything.....but I'm a bleach girl. Bring on the bleach...germaphobe- A friend of mine is an Editor for Cottage Bungalows, and Gourmet Kitchen and a couple other magazines...I often donate them to friends..if you are interested...please let me know..They are expensive, yet so full of good ideas, and sweet little stories....


CHEERS! It's friday....Gonna take my long nice walk/run so I can enjoy some yummy food and a glass of vino tonight- Cabo countdown has officially begun....

No comments: