Monday, June 7, 2010

The Blob....Catalina 2010

This was almost across the channel, I caught this of Kali....She's steering far away from everyone sea sick on the boat. She doesn't get sea sick, and the whole boat...sick. Super rough waters... As we're pulling into Catalina May 2010-Aboard "White Fin"
So here's the GPS.."thingy"- I sat up top with Bill and the guys...For one, to keep away from the sick ones..two, to keep a look out on the horizon...and three, to keep an eye on how many more miles to go....Well, the funny thing, this GPS just showed this same spot, for which felt like "Forever"- but actually for about 30 min's. We basically just got pushed around some swells and headed more South than we wanted. So without saying..as we finally drifted back on track...I noticed this "blob" on the screen. Bill was sea sick..and driving, so I was trying not to ask questions, but dying to! But after noticing he was "a little green" I decided...comments later. lol! I was in my own world of prayer/don't worry, than later, I looked back and the adrenaline was just pumping. Crazy weather, crazy swells...but we made it-

Just a little taste of what we endured for almost 2 1.2 hrs. Normally this trip is about an hour and a half-




Catalina here we come! This is closer to the island and Dad's getting his color back. The little thing in his hand? He must munch on corn tortilla salty chips...that just helps the sickness for him. Bag was almost empty when we got there! haha.






No comments: