Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Helllloooo

How's it going friends?  

Hanging tough?  

I've been hovering over Kris.  We've started the process to wean off Jakafi.  The med that helped clear his Scleraderma,(GVHD) which adds 4 other meds.  In doing so, he's tapering slow, but feeling the effects every single day.  His knees are shot. 

Grateful I can help him. Grateful he's a trooper and rolls through some really tough days, with of course, a crooked smile on his face.  Last week was a doozy.  Tears were involved.  He's tired of feeling tired. Sick and tired to be honest.  A body at 30, feeling like he's 80.  And yet, you'd never know it over the phone.  Text.  Instagram. He just keeps on keeping on- 

I've been working out.  Not really seeing a huge difference, but I do feel proud of my commitment and sticking with it.  I've learned wine isn't a friendly feller when it comes to calorie counting.  Sleep too.  Both clap back at me when I toss and turn all night.  Or have a bloated belly come sunrise....

What's the gosh darn joy in life if we are constantly at war with our physique.  

This soon to be fifty year old is feelin' it. That's for sure. 

I will forge on through and do it for my soul.  

Went to the doctor today and was told my blood pressure is out of control again.  Something that made me super disappointed.  Sat there in the chair longer than I wanted.  We tried all different positions- Was thoroughly convinced by my doctor that I MUST get the flu shot.  
For those that know me, I loathe needles. Got er done, just at the tail end of flu season. 

So that's awesome- LOL

Got in trouble for feeding ducks.  It was all fun and games when they'd come by and quack for me.  
A cute duck couple with eyes on me for feeding.  She comes by, quacks. I grab the food.  They give thanks and off they'd go. 
Something rewarding to me to feed anything.  Birds?  Check.  The kids? Check.  Dogs? Check. 

So my duckies are getting me in trouble now. 

Ducks = Poop.  Bill = Not happy.  

As I sit here and type, I can here mama duck out there calling for me. Kinda makes me laugh because it might be an age thing, because tending to something makes my heart grow. 

I hope you all are doing okay.  

To my aunt Ronda and Uncle Wade....I am so sorry for your loss.  Losing a brother, in any condition is just awful.  Wish there were words or a human touch I could do to ease that pain.  


Had a nice dinner with a long time friend this week.  Those visits where you pick up from where you left off months ago.  We took a couple of pictures.  She looks great.
I look like this. 



To my amazing daughter....may you stay true and strong in your career choices and possible changes. 
You have the GRIT and the tenacity to do what YOU need and want.  I've always been incredibly proud of your ethic.  Your attendance and your dedication. 


Happy Hump Day kids!  


This Mama Lisa 


No comments: