Friday, February 14, 2020

All For Love.

As the years go by we seem to calculate Valentines Day just a tad bit different.  No need to sit in a restaurant being served by servers.  We'd prefer simplicity at this point.  As the years go by it's apparent that you weather through storms to gain the moments of sitting next to one another with the mere fact of just being alive.  And in love.  Something I never take for granted.

The reality of those that have lost their loved one.  You can say it's just another day.
The truth is, the hype floats through the air.  There might be pain. 

So we look for those we love around us. 
We reach out to those we love.

To the guy that reminds me gently to slow down at all the speed bumps, (I've always barreled over them and it makes him cringe)  To the man that makes us popcorn for dinner on those nights with an empty fridge.  To the man that teaches me to log all the car details of oil changes, wipers, etc in a log book.  To the most detailed human that wants everything tidy so when he opens a cabinet I've stuffed full he just rolls his eyes and closes it.  To the man that works harder than anyone I know.  
To the man that keeps his word.  

You still have the most beautiful eyes. The cutest ears.

I love you.





All my love, for as long as I am here.

Lisa aka Mama 

No comments: