Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Happy Birthday Bill.

Few things you may or may not know about this fine feller.




A roast, if you will.  

He's a man of his word.  

He'll fix anything if it's fixable.  

He gives good long hugs. Especially to girls with boobs.  

He's first in line at McDonald's when McRib makes it's disgusting way back onto the menu.  He's totally obsessed. 

He's wired like an engineer and methodically thinks EVERYTHING through.



His garage is a trophy winner in my eyes. 

He gives me long sincere hugs every single morning that it permits. Genuine, heartfelt hugs.
I am a believer that the longer a couple stays together, the pulse that beats between eachother in hugs are almost a battery lift for the heart. Can't tell you how many times I've hugged him in the dark early morning, standing in the kitchen, feeling as though "we can do this", and mean it. 

I know some folks can gaze lovingly into the others eyes in pure lust, but let's just say, this homie don't play like that.  I have a silly side, and any long stares usually generate laughter.

We can catch eyes across a room and know exactly what the other is thinking.  

Bill works harder than any man I've ever known. 

He has set an ethic in both of our kids to get up and at least try. 

He doesn't snore.

He blames toots on imaginary frogs in the house. 

He tries to add water to our hand soap.  

He is stern with dogs.  He will NOT feed any animal from the table.  EVER. 

He balances exhaustion, with dreams, resulting in driven goals.  Both of which he will not give up on.



I can remember celebrating his 40th birthday, and as we took pictures with the band, I thought, wow 40.  Now those numbers are just numbers.

Each year as we celebrate, the gifts become more and more mundane.  More practical versus luxury or impulse. For instance, this Christmas I bought him a new chair butt pad.  Hollaaa!

If you ask us, just to be alive, healthy and surrounded by friends that genuinely love us to the core is what a gift is.  Dining with our six-pack, sipping good wine, and knowing with each clink of the glass that we're all forever grateful to celebrate the milestones in 50's.  
Together. 



You'll always be the dopest boat driver, drink maker, love makin', steak burner, best pancake maker of all time. 

I hope I am lucky enough to love you for the rest of your days.  I hope I can get those long warm hugs, even though I don't have big boobies.  I have a strong beating heart, filled with so much love for just you. 

The long winding road we've traveled has been pretty wild.  I am lucky enough to say it's with you. My best friend.

My heart rock.

My everything.

I can't say I'll love you to the moon and back, because, well, I'm petrified of heights and just the thought of being shot out into space, just scares the shit out of me. 

But I will love you from one end of the lake, to the other.  Or harbour.  In this bad ass playa. 


 We'll crush our dreams together handsome dude. 

We're creatures of habit, but we both soak up moments of rest, and small get-aways.

I'll still wake up with my wild hair, freckled donned face.  Sun spots we've earned together.  I'll still hug you with my pale arms in the winter, and sun tanned skin in the summer.  
I'll still ask you to make me "just one more" and you'll happily do so, like you do.

I'll ask you if you wanna try a new face mask with me, and like always, you just roll with it.  Cuz yo cray cray like that.  




And you'll proclaim as I walk down the hallway with half-way blow dried hair..."the most beauutttifffullll girlllll in the worlllldddd" with funny sarcasm and we'll laugh so hard together.

You'll give me a hard time because I don't work out like a champ as you'd love, but can whip up a meal to knock your socks and underwear off.  But, hey, we've all got new goals, right?

My goal is to make you feel my love.  Forever. 

Forever, and ever.

Happy Birthday Bill.  Fifty "something"-  You sexy beast and freak in the sheets. HAHAHA
Juuust kidding Kris and Kali!  Kinda. 


And amazing father.  

So glad we found you.  And you found us.  We are so lucky to feel your love. 


I love you!!


"Mama" as you call me.  



My goodness, do I love you. 

No comments: