Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Who Sits At A Concert

Another wild (last) week in the books for The Lisa and The Bill.

Tried to blog a couple times, and yet the words all just seemed so blah.  So depressing. 

Last week was one that felt like days justrantogether.  Friday hit, and we both reminded the other of a concert we looked so forward to months ago. 

My love for Bad Company is pretty deep. I seriously LOVE all of their music.  I can be anywhere and hear the slightest tune, and instantly sing along in my head. 
LOVE!

Friday evening proved no different.  

We rolled into the venue at Irvine Five Points (cute, interesting venue) fake grass, corn hole, expensive drinks (tall cans that make you feel like a real dude) and cocktails with a plastic fancy "souvenir" cup for a mere $30.00-

Thank GOODNESS for the Good Ol' Yard House in Irvine.  A place we've always enjoyed. 
People watching, good food, and most important, good music.

I got my wine on there, so all was good about the minute we arrived here.

Sun still shining...not too hot, not too cold. 






As we stroll in after hearing the first headliner...I sit down, and instantly see Paul Rogers make his way out to begin..."walking down this rocky road......."

I look around and NOT.A.SINGLE.PERSON.IS.STANDING.

What, in the actual hell?!


But no worries kids....

This girl stood.  This girl dances at concerts.  Crazy girl.  Or am I?

And I stood dancing and singing until the last song was sung.  

Then Jeff Beck came on, and the crowd continued to sit, and I got ants in my pants, or wheels from my wine, and we were outta there.  HAHAHA!

You guys....WHO SITS AT A CONCERT?!

And Jeff Beck is just guitarrrr, guitarrrr and more guitttarrrrrrrrrrrrr

The crazy part, is I feel disrespectful to stand while those around me sat. 

Do I go to the back?  

Do I sit down, and wiggle my booty in my seat? 

I mean, COME ON.....

Sean Ireland, are you reading this? 


In other news....

Life's been just one big bowl of tart cherries.  No lake time. 

My face- LOLLL!!!!

 No getaways, just hustlin day in and day out.  Cherishing dinners with girlfriends.  Meeting new friends and having dinner with them-Hi Kris and Rick!-
We find silver linings in pouring a good wine at the right time.  Sunsets. Laughter with friends. Listening to one another in a quiet room.  Dreams. 

(Picture taken 3 million years ago when we had time to play at the lake)

I have dinner with my son every Monday night.  Often wonder if the plan for him to come back home was meant to be.  To see him each week. That one night to catch up.  Just the two of us. 
He has a new girlfriend now, whom we adore...

Her name is Rachel

I get caught up on things in his life in a more private, quiet setting.  The kitchen table kind of convo. 

Kali's sourcing out as a 22 year old would.  Anxious as we figured would happen.  Graduating college and figuring out the life plan.  Work. Living location.  Where to work if she does come back here.  Commutes and reality. Asking my opinion, and yet at times, arguing my opinion.  
Closing a phone call last week because we both don't agree with her decisions.  And yet, deep in my mama feathers, I know that standing back and letting her figure things out is the best recipe.  
No one handed me all the ideas, and in reality, it's up to you, and you alone to really soar, fall, soar again and fall again.



Life.

Sometimes mama knows what she's talking about...and sometimes she doesn't.  It's up to the goodness of nature and human nature to figure it allll out.
I have 100% complete faith she will.
All in her plans. 


Right?

This morning I received a text from my mom that Peakie (their peacock) was killed by a mountain lion.



They've taken care of (never really owned, because he found them, and would come and go a few times, venturing across streets(2 lane hwy) in search of a mate, but always, always making his way back to them)
He lived behind my dads truck, using the bumper as a spot to groom and stare back at himself as though it WAS his mate.  He brought many years of happiness to my parents. Well over 10 years.  Feathers so beautiful my mom would send them to our little cousins to sell. 
I'm still in shock of this news.



Mostly just heartbroken for my parents.  They choose to live up there far, far away.  And the choice of happiness they find, is caring for animals. From skunks, to deer.  Peacock, to kitties. 


I am so so sad....

How's your summer going?  

Heatwave meltin' ya down?

Soul searching going good?

Whatever you're doing, I hope it's good. 

And worth it. 

If not now, maybe later. 



JUST PULL UP YOUR POSITIVE PANTS AND KEEP ON DANCING! 

Even if everyone else just sits.  At a concert. 

Don't be that person.

PLEASE.

"Caring about what people think of you is useless, most people don't even know what they think of themselves"


Cheers,

Lisa 

ps. If you pray, Jenny my transplant buddy is in the fight.  Right smack in the middle of the ring. Radiation done, BIG dose of chemo done, and now the counts will drop, and things get wild, for transplant day FRIDAY.
May God protect her.  Her babies, and all of their souls.








No comments: