Friday, July 14, 2017

Eighteen Months

Eighteen months.

A long day filled with traffic like we'd never seen.  Moments with Bucksie boy that we won't want to recall anytime soon.  Lets just say poop, Sunset Blvd and crosswalks. boom.

I tried to work a little in the morning, which was against what Kris really had planned. He'd hoped we'd be on the road by 9.  With an appt at 10:30ish, I totally thought we'd be fine. 

Wrong. 

The 101 had 2 lanes open.  

We took streets from East LA, to Hollywood.  This was after the 710 bullshiz merging onto the 5fwy.
Farters!
It took close to 2 hours. 

My heart and soul was content because I'd already navigated through labs the night before.  Learning what numbers and markers to cross off, and others to sit back and exhale with sincere gratitude. 
My son.

Our main concern this trip was the amount of weight Kris has lost.  Along with a quest to possibly switch oral chemo's he takes. 

We'd wait another hour in the waiting room after arriving.  My patience running thin, I always watch the vibe of Kris.  He never becomes impatient.  Quickly reminding myself of these two lovers in my life.  They're here.  We're sitting there.  


 

Soon we'd be in the room with hugs from her.  Her excitement to finally meet his doggo.   Going over numbers.  Meds.  Labs. Future appts.  Weight.  Checking his mouth, lungs and always always praising him for how far he's come. I can't help but smile inside. 
We're switching up chemo's.  Labs per my request in 2 weeks. (last time he took this one, his counts got sideways).  Video appt next month.  Long list of meds he still must take (he's trying to wean the last bit of every-other-day Prednisone) He'd receive another 2 more vaccinations.  Both of which I still question (last time he felt like shit 2 days later)...

We'd soon be out the door.  Kind of rushing to the car at 1pm, because we both know too well just how yucky the drive home is.  We stop at our traditional lunch spot (Fat Burger- DON'T JUDGE KIDS) 

So thankful he's all good.  We'll work on weight.  We'll work on the chemo doses, and just how to keep his tummy settled.  

Today is Friday.  

This morning I woke, with my checklist of worries (I KNOW YOU GUYS, I HATE IT)

And there was one less worry. 
One less, panic of things.

He's here.
Labs are good. 

Eighteen months.



From the first few months. 


To Eighteen months. 



May you all have a sweet weekend doing whatever it is that makes your heart and soul full.

Just be good, and be kind to animals. 


When you think life is hard, look around.  So many are fighting a fight harder than I HOPE you'll ever know.


Lots of love,

This Mama Lisa

No comments: