Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Maybe not Banana Pancakes...but good wine, and Jack Johnson..

Kali and I went to our first concert this month...Jack Johnson is my top fav. We took our friends Maria and Kaitlyn. The venue was at the Hollywood Bowl. Not one of my favorite places in the world (Hollywood). Too busy and maybe too dirty or crowded for me...but we dined at a great restaurant, called Arusso Pizzeria. It was a quaint small, but very well established Italian restaurant. The food was amazing to say the least...the wine was super. But most of all the experience in the little room (wine cellar) we ate in, was super cute. An old friend of a friend hooked Bill up with these tickets...they weren't super close..but I didn't care...there Jack was, cute as ever...amazing music...a chill crowd (my favorite)...and a very happy vibe. I missed Bill soo much that night. Couples everywhere hugging, dancing in the aisles enjoying his music. We sat in our seats...I was dying to dance, but everyone around us..was sitting! As one of my favorite Jack Johnson songs sing...."It's always better when were together"- I missed my dance partner/hugger, that's for sure!
My friend Maria, Kaitlyn and Kali. Kaitlyn took Kali to see Taylor Swift a few months back...and we were happy to extend an invite to them, hoping they'd enjoy him as much as we do...


After sitting in almost 2 hours of traffic, this place was very strict with reservations...15 min. late, and they'd cancel you with a smile on their face...but we made it....here we are in our fine little restaurant....yum yum. First time we've ever tried "Fried Squash flowers"- Delish! It's the flower of the squash plant...filled with cheeses, lightly battered...AMAZING! It was one of those places where you can barely read the menu. It was in Italian...and very few things to choose from, but from what we had, and seen, it was worth every bit.




FUN MEMORIES.....

No comments: