Monday, July 26, 2010

Los Alamitos High School Soccer "She did it"

We waited last minute to take this lil getaway to Havasu...one, because of high school soccer try-outs and scrimmages and the other, it was just way to hot there.. But we finally decided on Wednesday that we'd go...and leave the next morning..6:30am to be exact. Well, I wake up early to do banking..and of course checking the Los Al Athletics website daily to see if she'd made the team. The morning of...she's sound asleep, the house completely quiet...I login, and it say's "the teams have been posted"- For anyone out there, that has had a child go through this wait...the journey of trying out for a high school team...you'd know. You'd know the feeling. I could barely figure out what button to push next....so as I scroll down, it's in alphabetical order...and Kailyn Stahl WAS THE LAST GIRL on the list. I sat there stunned, then cried...then smiled..then laughed out loud in my quiet little house.... SHE MADE IT! What I did was told Bill we weren't going to tell her until on the road...and I had a little plan. We as a family tradition stop in Barstow at the very same Del Taco...we get the very same food, and almost everytime sit at the same little booth.. while she and our neice Regina were in the bathroom, I quickly ordered and asked the guy who took the order to give me the paper that goes under your food on those trays...and above is what I wrote. When the food came...we grabbed our food and I said "Kali what does that say..." as she looked down...she was super stoked! Super excited and of course...you know mama....cried!
The very sad news was viewing the list and seeing that your besties from your team didn't make the team. Talk about hard. And those moms are very close friends of mine. So as the news spread throughout the day...it was very bittersweet. We laid low, took the congrats, offered words of encouragment to our friends...and celebrated Kali's little victory with good times on the water....and oh so beautiful sunsets.... Congrats Miss. Kali! Los Al here she comes!

No comments: